Accepted Award FOB construction XP on structure completion rather than periodically

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
A common theme I've seen since the mastery update is people trying to "game" the XP system. In the context of FOB structures this means people placing a blueprint and then digging once every 10 seconds to maximise XP yield. Unfortunately newer players easily discover this exploit and it's very difficult to police. The consequence is that FOBs are often incomplete despite a good supply of work because there is little incentive to actually finish structures.

To solve this, I'd suggest that construction XP be awarded when a structure is finished, rather than on a timer. You might assign an XP yield to each structure type then track which users contributed and how many times. When the structure completes the XP bounty would then be divided amongst the contributors.

e.g. Concrete Wall - yields 100xp
builders = {'user1': 3, 'user2': 1, 'user3': 1}

On completion user1 gets 60xp, user2 and user3 get 20xp. These XP totals are just for illustration, obviously.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- More incentive to complete structures.
- Less XP system exploits.
- Rewards players who work efficiently.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- More complex than the old system. Yields must be chosen carefully.
- Rewards for shovelling are less obvious to new players
- Developer effort required for technical implementation.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Right now the system feels unrewarding for those who use it as intended. Ideally design should take care of exploits.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Jack G

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Feb 19, 2021
Suggestion Accepted

Hi Merlin,
Your suggestion has been accepted. Although I can't put an exact date for implementation, it will be put on the github.

Thanks, Content Team​

Status
Not open for further replies.