Accepted Backwater Suggestions (But actually organized)

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampuffin

Feb 20, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This is more of a call to action to get more stuff suggested in an organized manner so our poor mappers don't have to sift through discord messages for valid criticism of the map.
So now, onto the actual changes I'd personally like to see on Backwater.
-The elephant in the room, NATO base, it either needs some higher walls or have the whole thing raised from the depths to disallow sniping directly into the base, due to it being surrounded by hills, people don't have the room to even defend their posts as exemplified by USSR getting baseraid after baseraid after baseraid on the map.
-Bigger bridges (or double bridges) in between Petrol Station and Towns and in between Logging Camp and Church for better vehicle traversal
-Some areas need a bit of flattening so vehicles can actually go up normal angled hills. Either that or vehicle traction could be buffed specifically for Backwater.
-Invisible walls on top of the Factory Beta buildings from the NWO side, I know this is a cope but that place is extremely unbalanced, and it doesn't help that when we went to Backwater for the MONKE event, it took way too long for the "No Tac/Rally on areas that can't be easily accessed" rule to be enforced.
-South Shipwreck needs more access points, there is only one way in that can easily be guarded by 2 people with rifles, rendering the area inaccessible unless you got a jugg or a flamer (even so a flamer gets melted in seconds).
-Labs needs to be gutted, the underground section is extremely dark and unfun to go into. The whole underground bit needs removal (to also help with optimization since I believe it causes a lotta lag).
-Bushes at the edges of the map need to be removed, they're way too big and needlessly confusing, the normal ones on the map are good since they help against snipers.

Has something similar been suggested before?:
Yes in discord but as mentioned, too disorganized, the suggestions got drowned.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Would overall help make the map more balanced and fun for everyone.
If a lot of the bad stuff is cut out it could help make the map run better as well.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

Would remove a lot of advantages that were in place ages ago to help USSR but with a more balanced player count (today was 30v30 for example) I feel like said advantages don't need to exist anymore.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Makes map better and more fun.

I urge everyone to leave their own suggestions here so that the CN mappers can make the map better for all of us.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

drako dormus

Civil Gamers Expert
Oct 1, 2021
all +support
except the beta factory you can climb your way up on the roofs by all ways also may i suggest to make it just easier to drive and make the river a bit more shallow

Lee Falzone

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
+Support

EDIT:

@Vampuffin We just switched over to Backwater and it's the same old like last time. Good luck to every NATO main this is where you are a kid now but will be turned into a man because that map oh boy.. Wish you the best of luck all NATO 👋:skull:

Last edited:

Harry

Developer
Developer
Mapping Team
Aug 28, 2021
Quick note from me Vamp. Currently we are unable to edit or change the Backwater map. This is due to the VMF being lost through people leaving over time, we are trying to think of another possible way to change the map but currently we are drawing a blank, there are possible ways we can change it but that will require a month of prep time at least and many hours of work by me or another mapper. I assure you we are trying to figure out a way to get the map file but I cannot guarantee anything.

I hope this clears some things up as to why this will most likely be denied, but considered for when we get the file, if that requires the long way I don’t know.

Thanks,
Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.