emilsnat

Developer
Developer
Programming Team
Feb 9, 2023
Ban Appeal

Your in-game name: Calypse
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:119161861
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198198589451
Date of ban: 4/5/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY)
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): MRDM
Who banned you: Hank "Shank" Hughman [Hank-1] (STEAM_0:0:24355349)
Ban length?: 2 weeks
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/

What will you do to stop this from happening again: To ensure that this situation does not repeat itself, I will:

• Be more cautious and aware of my weapon usage, paying closer attention to my surroundings and potential crossfire situations.
  • Double-check my aim before shooting to prevent any accidental kills.
  • Thoroughly understand and familiarize myself with the server rules to avoid any inadvertent rule-breaking.
  • Communicate with other players to ensure I have valid reasons for engaging in any combat situations.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Yes, I have received prior warnings and one ban from over a month ago.

Why should you be unbanned: I am truly and deeply sorry for the actions that led to my ban, and I would like to take this opportunity to provide a more detailed explanation to demonstrate my sincere remorse and the steps I plan to take to rectify my past mistakes.

Firstly, I want to emphasize that I never intended to break any rules. I'd like to first state that my ban is technically completely invalid due to the fact that MRDM is listed as not applicable for SCP-RP under the punishment guidelines. I would also like for you to know that my actions were not deliberately malicious. Most of the kills that occurred were accidental, resulting from crossfire with a weapon that instantly kills and due to hipfire with poor aim. The fact that my actions were unintentional should be taken into account when considering the gravity of the offense. I acknowledge that my lack of caution and awareness led to these accidents, and I take full responsibility for that.

I had legitimate reasons for the few people I intended to kill, which were in line with the server's role-playing guidelines. These instances were isolated and not a part of a larger pattern of rule-breaking. I understand that my actions have caused disruption to the gameplay and experience of other players, and for that, I apologize wholeheartedly.

As a member of the community, I have learned from my past mistakes and will take several steps to ensure that I do not repeat them. I will be more cautious and aware of my weapon usage, paying close attention to my surroundings and potential crossfire situations. I will double-check my aim before shooting to prevent any accidental kills and make sure to communicate with other players to ensure I have valid reasons for engaging in combat situations.

Additionally, I will make an active effort to familiarize myself with the server rules and follow them diligently. I understand the importance of creating a welcoming and enjoyable environment for all players, and I am committed to being a responsible and positive member of the community. I will also seek guidance from experienced players or staff if I am unsure about a particular rule or situation, to avoid any inadvertent rule-breaking.

Furthermore, I have made many friends on this server and have had a lot of fun and engaging experiences. I am genuinely grateful for the connections and friendships I have forged during my time here. This community has become a significant part of my gaming experience, and I would be deeply disappointed if I were unable to continue participating in it.

My prior warnings and ban from over a month ago have served as valuable learning experiences. I have taken the time to reflect on my behavior and have made a conscious effort to change and grow. I believe that everyone deserves a second chance to demonstrate their commitment to change and improvement. I am asking for this opportunity to prove that I can be a positive, rule-abiding member of the community.

In conclusion, I believe that my genuine remorse, my commitment to improving my behavior, and my dedication to this server and its community should be taken into consideration when reviewing my unban appeal. I understand the consequences of my actions and am prepared to do everything in my power to ensure that I do not repeat my past mistakes. I humbly request that you reconsider my ban and allow me the chance to demonstrate that I can be a valuable, responsible, and positive member of the community.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: To guarantee that I will not break any other rules, I will:

• Consistently review the server rules and ensure that I am fully aware of them.
  • Be extra cautious in situations that could lead to rule-breaking, such as paying more attention to my surroundings and the potential consequences of my actions.
  • Seek guidance from experienced players or staff if I am unsure about a particular rule or situation.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?: I genuinely enjoy playing on this server and being a part of its vibrant community. Some reasons for my desire to rejoin this server include:

• I have made many friends here who I enjoy playing with and would love to continue to interact with them in-game.
  • The engaging experiences and unique scenarios that the server offers have provided me with countless hours of entertainment.
  • I appreciate the server's atmosphere and the dedication of the staff, which has helped create a welcoming and enjoyable environment for players.
  • I have learned from my mistakes, and I am eager to demonstrate that I can be a positive and rule-abiding member of the community.

I am truly sorry for my actions that led to this ban, and I am committed to doing my best to ensure that it does not happen again. I hope that my efforts to improve my behavior and my dedication to the server will be taken into consideration as you review my appeal.

Thank you for taking the time to review my unban appeal.

DWHJR/Hank Hughman

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Oct 5, 2022
Tennessee
Hey calypse, the reason for the MRDM ban was the fact that you killed so many people for little to no reason, even admitting that some of the kills were RDM. after showing the clip to fellow staff they all agreed that an MRDM ban would be applicable.

verybobby

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Oct 10, 2022
Appeal Denied

Hi @lakot,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

Your opening argument of "technically completely invalid" is not quite valid. You linked the rules, not the punishment guideline. MRDM is a punishment when you RDM in mass amounts, which is against the rules. After review, the amount of friendlies and random D-Class you killed within the span of a minute is not quite excusable. While I understand that you enjoy the server, that does not excuse or serve as an argument as to the punishment.

You may re-appeal in 1 week​

Status
Not open for further replies.