Accepted Bank Manager Limit

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Banks

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion proposes increasing the limit of the job "Bank Manager" from 1 to 2 on a DarkRP server. Currently, there is only one player allowed to take on the role of Bank Manager, and this proposal aims to allow two players to hold this position.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  1. Increased Role Availability: Allowing two Bank Managers will create more opportunities for players who enjoy this role, leading to increased diversity in gameplay experiences.
  2. Reduced Monopoly: Currently, one gang or player may monopolize the Bank Manager position, preventing others from engaging with the banking printer storage aspect of the game. Increasing the limit can help distribute power/balance gameplay.
  3. Enhanced Roleplay Opportunities: More Bank Managers can lead to richer roleplaying interactions, as there can be friendly competition on the market.
  4. Better Server Balance: With two Bank Managers, server balance can be improved as there will be fewer instances of one faction dominating the financial aspect of the game.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  1. Unbalanced Competition: If the two Bank Managers collaborate too closely, it could lead to unfair advantages. Rule should be added, advising they can't base together or be apart of the same gang/business.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

This suggestion should be accepted because it brings several positive changes to the DarkRP server:
  1. Increased Player Engagement: By allowing more players to experience the role of Bank Manager, you create a more engaging server where a wider variety of players can enjoy different aspects of the game.
  2. Better Gameplay Balance: The proposal reduces the potential for a single gang or player to monopolize the Bank Manager role, thus promoting fairness and balance within the server.
  3. Enhanced Roleplay: Having two Bank Managers can lead to more interesting roleplay scenarios, as they can interact with each other / other players, potentially leading to more dynamic and engaging storylines and competition within RP.
However, it's essential to address potential negatives by setting server rules or guidelines to prevent overcrowding or unfair collaboration between Bank Managers. By implementing and enforcing these rules, you can maintain balance and ensure a positive gameplay experience for all. Overall, this suggestion can contribute to a more vibrant and enjoyable DarkRP server. Please let me know what you think below

**New**
On another note, I believe government officials (Mayor, Police, SWAT etc) should be allowed to store printers with bank managers.

Last edited:

Ellie

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Feb 21, 2021
+ Support

With so many banks popping up - it doesn't seem fair that only one business can have a bank manager at any one time.
Increasing the limit would be much more fair - providing each business only had one manager.

Reactions: Mr Banks

tony schleck

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Jun 11, 2021
+-Neutral

i agree there needs to be a second slot but some nerfs on the jobs itself are also needed im afraid

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
+Support

Just did a suggestion about this too, would just make things better.

tony schleck

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Jun 11, 2021
so guys i already gave my though about it but this chould be added

bank managers dont get xp from money printers and -10% money withdraw
just so the job isnt too op

also only 1 bank manager per gang/business

Mr Banks

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
so guys i already gave my though about it but this chould be added

bank managers dont get xp from money printers and -10% money withdraw
just so the job isnt too op

also only 1 bank manager per gang/business
I see were you are coming from but disagree with the proposed 10% reduction in money withdrawal, as it will negatively impact the profit margins of bank managers. In my own practice, I typically charge clients a maximum fee of 20%, which is not a lot when you count the cost of time, coolers and refills.

Banks operating independently from the job (Bank Managers) may be a shout in the right direction, I only think the job limit should be increased from one to two. Personally, I feel that the role of a bank manager should be distinct from the overall banking entities (Bank Printer), but this is just my personal perspective.

Last edited:

Remmy

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Suggestion Accepted

Hi @Mr Banks .

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The Content Team has chosen to accept your suggestion because this will create healthy competition for printer storage businesses.

We will also be adding a rule that a printer bank may only have one bank manager. This includes multiple branches of the same business.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

• Love
Reactions: Mr Banks and Tay
Status
Not open for further replies.