Your in-game name: Codename HUNK
Your SteamID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/xxxanner/
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/xxxanner/
Date of ban: 07/05/22
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Severe Toxicity
Who banned you: Cope (UK admin)
Ban length?: 12 hrs
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the URL): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: Do not call sensitive angry people wankers.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Not for toxicity, no.
Why should you be unbanned: I was making banter with a server admin who was having a power trip.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I did not break any rules.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
I am a trial game master on the server and have events planned this week.

Originally I was pulled into an admin sit for "PAC abuse" where Cope threatened me to turn off my UNSC Mech PAC while I was playing on Juggernaut. I talked to him for 10 minutes about how UK rules and US rules are different on PAC3 use and I've been told by GMs and admins that I am allowed to use my Juggernaut PAC3 on the server. When pushed on the topic by another moderator who tried to defend me on using the PAC3 he became visibly frustrated and started saying he wouldn't ban me but he would warn me. I told him he's just being a stickler for fun and asked him to stop being a wanker and "wanking the fun out of it" out of banter, and then he banned me for 12 hrs for toxicity because he realized he could not ban me for using the PAC 3 that multiple admins have told me I can use. I feel like this was an unfair ban, since not only did I not swear throughout the whole sit and only argued and made banter with a Super Admin. I was allowed to use the PAC 3 by multiple staff on the server since it fits the Juggernaut job. I hope this 12 hr ban can be lifted so I can play again, and I hope Cope can get off his power trip for 2 minutes, just because you're community manager doesn't mean you can make your own rules for the server, and ignore other server leadership to do whatever you want. I was banned for toxicity because he was too upset to say he's wrong about PAC3 usage on US even though he's clearly a UK server admin, and the rules between the two are different. He should not be able to ban other US staff as a UK staff member for childish things like being called a wanker. It's clear that his anger stemmed from our disagreement on the PAC3 usage, and this ban was a way for him to get a final say in the matter without any objections to his word.

Last edited:

Gian Carlo

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 16, 2022
Please follow the correct ban appeal format before posting.

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
Just to be clear, Cope is not a "UK staff member" or a member of Server Leadership, he is a member of Network Leadership. Being appointed to that position means he has power network-wide over all of our servers.

I'm based in the UK also, but considering I personally launched SCP-RP USA, I hope you wouldn't try to tell me that I can't take actions against US staff. The point being - where you're from is irrelevant.

I'll respond to your complaint in full once you update it to use the format.

Nobiwan

Feb 5, 2022
United States
Just to be clear, Cope is not a "UK staff member" or a member of Server Leadership, he is a member of Network Leadership. Being appointed to that position means he has power network-wide over all of our servers.

I'm based in the UK also, but considering I personally launched SCP-RP USA, I hope you wouldn't try to tell me that I can't take actions against US staff. The point being - where you're from is irrelevant.

I'll respond to your complaint in full once you update it to use the format.
I understand that he's much more than just a "UK staff member" the point I was trying to make is on the PAC3 use discernment between UK and US, and how they differ between the two servers. I wasn't implying that he should have less power in the US, or that he is not allowed to ban cross-server, just making the point that PAC3 usage rules differ. We have MTF units with 1.2 scale, no helmets, and sleeveless biceps walking around with no issue whereas the UK server would not approve of it for lack of realism. I've played on both servers for a long time, starting with UK, so I know how its more serious. I even spoke to him about how other GM's and Admins on US have allowed me to use it before and only found an issue on him getting visibly frustrated with me for having a disagreement on the matter only for him to ban me for toxicity after removing the PAC.

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
Appeal Denied
Hi Nobiwan,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

I reviewed this last night and decided not to accept it, but didn't get around to writing my verdict in time. Your ban has obviously now expired, but I'll explain why I didn't accept it.

Firstly, your point about UK and US rules being different on PAC3 is wrong. The UK and US servers are synchronised on rules. Anyone who has told you they aren't is wrong, and has been wrong this entire time. Just to check, I have sent some sentences from your ban appeal to the SCP-RP Server Leadership teams to see their responses, and both UK and USA SL responded in kind that none of them have allowed the rules to be different.

In particular, this sentence - "We have MTF units with 1.2 scale, no helmets, and sleeveless biceps walking around with no issue" - was called out as one that should not be occurring. Unrealistic PAC3s are banned on both servers and should not be allowed.

You mentioned GMs approved your PAC3 - GMs cannot approve your PAC3 as they do not sit in the normal staff hierarchy. If admins approved your PAC3 - who? If you mean 'admin' as in 'a staff member' like a moderator, then I'm sorry they gave you the wrong advice. If you mean 'admin' as in 'staff ranked Admin+ / Server Leadership', we'll need to address that. In both cases, feel free to DM me the name of the staff member and it'll be taken care of.

That's a general rule by the way - without the name of the staff member who you claim approved something, we can't follow up on your claims. Regardless, if a member of Network Leadership tells you something is against the rules, you should listen. Not sure what you expected to happen if you started getting smart - if you made those comments to me you would be lucky to get off with a 12 hour ban, not because I'd get offended, but just because I have other things to do with my time.

Kind regards,
Cloak​

Status
Not open for further replies.