"James Grainger"
Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:121210487
Do you have a mic?:
Yes
What server are you applying for?:
SCP-RP US
Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:
No, I've applied for Internal Affairs Ambassador and Director, and Ethics Committee Assistant
- - - Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
N/A
Do you have any previous experience as a Gamemaster/Event Manager in a community?:
No, I have no prior experience
Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:
Yes, multiple.
How many hours can you be on everyday?:
I net anywhere from 8-10 hours currently, but that will drop when I start college in 2 weeks. I will still be as active as I can be.
Why do you want to become a Gamemaster on our server?:
Becoming Gamemaster would allow me to put my ideas into fruition, and experience and live in those ideas that have become realities. The concept of Developing a game has always interested me, but I've never been good at he logistics, such as coding. Gamemaster would allow me to use preexisting ideas and models to shape and build scenario's in the world to entertain the playerbase.
What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?
I have had plenty of experience with the playerbase, and have a good understanding of what they want to see happen. Its common for people to believe its important to only follow the orders given by people above you, but I'm a firm believer in listening to the people that look up to you, almost as much, if not as much, as your superiors. If someone came to me about an idea, if it was possible, I can make it happen. My main source of purpose comes from entertaining my peers with the knowledge, skill, and creativity I posses. Taking an idea and creating a real thing with it is such a payoff of hard work. Making something and being able to interact with it is a fabulous concept I strive to experience more life.
Please List 3 small event ideas (Which would involve at least one side of the server):
-
An event centered around SCP-073 (Cain) seeking revenge on his brother. This would be a Defense-type Event, having Cain enter the facility and make his way to Able, while killing anyone between him and his target.

- A person of importance is possessed by SCP-035, and has access to heavy weaponry, important locations, and most importantly, the surface. The bond the mask and the wearer have bolster its strengths tenfold. Its up to the members of the Facility to end the threat of the mask before he escapes to the surface.

- A talent show is hosted and participants compete for the best act. Comedy, Music, Or any other skill can enter, as long as they think the have what it takes to win. Every attendee will have a vote for who they think is the most talented. A prize, cash or another means of payment, will be given to the person with the most votes.

Please List an Map change event idea (Involving both sides and the entire server)
- An event that brings an anomalous rift that opens and takes everyone to a different dimension of endless mazes, corridors, and floors. Each floor would have unique environments and residents, varying in strangeness as you descend into the rift. There could possibly be multiple routes and exits from the rift, but all of them would return you back to the Facility. All Facility personnel participating will be stuck there until they can find an exit, or until they are killed by whatever creatures lurk within the anomalous hallways. Everyone will try and find a way to escape; together, or as a team.

List an example mission for each of the following:
O-1:

A scenario where CI breaches the facility, inside, and takes a high value target hostage in the Ethics room. CI troops have spent a long time tunneling a hole into the ethics room, and have kept it secret right under the Committee's nose. No one can enter or exit the office, except through the tunnel that leads back to their base. Its up to O-1, with the help of A-1, to find a way to get to the target and end the situation before the target is taken to the CI base, and the tunnel is collapsed.
A-1:
An event that takes a high clearance personnel, and turns them traitorous, be that from brainwashing or treasonous reasons. The traitor has locked down the facility, and has access to all of the Facilities secrets, and most importantly, the Alpha Warhead. The traitor offers the release of all SCP's back into the world for the safety of the facility and personnel. This would be on Floor 3, and would once again require both A-1 and O-1 to work together to stop the traitor.
Nu-7:
A group of Russian troops assume position in the tundra near Site-56. The Russians want nothing more than to break in and find out what goes on under the ground below them, and report it to their leaders in Moscow. The Russians can work with, or fight against the CI, depending on how they want to engage. Nu-7 can contact help from within the facility, and end the situation with reasoning, or violence.
E-11:
During a patrol, E-11 finds out SCP-049 has gone missing. It is up to them to investigate and locate The Doctor before he escapes to the surface and spreads his "cure" across the world.
CI:
CI find out their tactics and information have been being leaked to the Foundation. CI seeks to investigate, and find out the Foundation has had their tactics and information leaked as well. The CI and Foundation have to put aside their differences to find out who is putting both sides in jeopardy.
Foundation Staff:
A member of the Facility has opened a restaurant and needs chefs and waiters to help in his kitchen. Personnel can help the Restaurant owner by cooking the food, serving the customers, or by finding and collecting rare and exquisite ingrediencies from SCP's and the surface. Workers will all be compensated greatly for their work.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1285

Here's why I will be giving you a = Neutral

I do not play on the US a lot, not much at all unless it is to host events but I see the GM applications lack a fair few - You have clearly put more effort into this application than other candidates but I'd like to give a word of advice: Increase the length of the A1, O1 and E11 missions and expand on the map change a bit more and you should have an outstanding application.

Good luck! - Julien White

Sir Barry

Jul 20, 2022
Here's why I will be giving you a = Neutral

I do not play on the US a lot, not much at all unless it is to host events but I see the GM applications lack a fair few - You have clearly put more effort into this application than other candidates but I'd like to give a word of advice: Increase the length of the A1, O1 and E11 missions and expand on the map change a bit more and you should have an outstanding application.

Good luck! - Julien White
Thanks man! I updated it an went more in depth. I left it vague so it could be interpreted differently, allowing for multiple situations regarding the aforementioned missions. I look forward to seeing the results!

Nomad_600

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Jan 4, 2022
Application Accepted

Hi @Barry "Legate" O'Cociner,

On behalf of the event team thank you for applying for the position of Game-Master. This is to let you know that your application has been accepted. Please contact an Event Team Supervisor or the Event Team Lead for your next stage of the process.

Kind Regards,
Event Team Supervisor Nomad​

Status
Not open for further replies.