Accepted Base jobs

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiffany Stoop

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 6, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
It adds small jobs players can do at their team's base for money. Adding an XP tree, like the cooking and scavenging not the mastery trees, could increase job pay outs per level (these can be 1 XP tree for all jobs or multiple XP trees per job). It also can give function to some base area's that aren't in use much, like the small warehouse near the mess hall/tunnel in NWO base.

I have a few ideas for what sort of jobs can be used if this were implemented:
- Delivering equipment. (For example delivering vehicle parts to vehicle bays, medical equipment to medbay, etc.)
- Cleaning bunks.
- Cooking meals.
- Repairing things around base. (For example a radio, replacing targets at the target range, etc.)
(Could be more, these are just a few I came up with.)

These jobs will be an optional thing just to make some money and to have something to do after other tasks on the side. They could be something that a player can start on their own or they have a short cooldown of just a few minutes. These job would also be very short, taking only a minute or so, sort of like a minigame.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- It gives players something to do after their tasks like FOBs and trainings are done.
- It gives low(er) ranked players who can't set up FOBs on their own something extra to do.
- Players can get money besides donating or playing wars.
- It gives people things to do when there is a low playercount.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Other duties like building FOBs and trainings could get ignored.
(I couldn't think of much else, sorry)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think this suggestion should be accepted as the positive aspects can be a nice addition to the server. The negatives can easily be handled by (N)CO's who will have to command their regiment. Having stuff to do inside base is a nice way to kill time before wars without much risk. Having base jobs also works with the setting and RP of a military base. Also having a new way to make some money could be great for newer players who start with 1k. And personally it's a nice benefit for people who play very early, like myself, to have something to do when the majority of players aren't online, also having some stuff to do on my own (even as Infantry PVT) would be nice.

(Thanks for reading my suggestion post! Please let me know your opinions on this idea and please give an explaination on why you do or don't support this idea. I'd be happy to read and reply to your opinions!)

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Jack G

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Feb 19, 2021
Suggestion Accepted

Hi Zifanye,
Your suggestion has been accepted. We'll look into adding more roleplay opportunities. Idea on the board was to add a Civilian job that can change the 'job name' (visually) and so you could roleplay as a Janitor and get payed for it for example by High Command

Thanks, Content Team​

Status
Not open for further replies.