Denied Base Raid Changes

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimothy Leaderson

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 11, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Make it so you can still capture the surrounding territories of a base during base raids. Basically will revert it back to the old system of if you neutralise a territory during a base raid it must be called off. If people don't want this for the end of campaign base raids, at least do it for any base raid done outside of the campaign ending ones.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No, it was a previous feature prior to the campaign system.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Base raiding will become more tactical as sides need to decide on trying to push out and how they can do so, or how defenders can keep hold of the points.
- Becomes more exciting arguably in attempting to rapidly neutralise a point before the enemy can clear it and much more difficult (as it should be) rather than the base constantly being pushed for a whole hour. Base raids will be increasingly rarer in my opinion, which will increase the prestige associated them.
- Better, more spread out combat than just people shooting from walls or any hills surrounding the base. (I say this for the previous base raid having a 200 kill difference between NATO and NWO, largely due to NATO base walls offering people high ground to gun from) and better for lag as combat is more spread out across the map.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- People may argue it's then too difficult.
- People will claim it's a cope suggestion (it is not)
- Dev time required I guess to ensure this is a doable feature.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Base raids are kind of easy at the end of campaign, you get to attack for a whole hour. It's uninteresting and arguably unfair for a side to be forced to hide in base the whole time and for certain regiments such as JAF and 17th to have their roles put to a minimum. I'm not making this as a cope suggestion, I just think this would help make successful base raids even less common, more exciting to plan out and strategise regarding and make winning one a much bigger thing.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

drako dormus

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 1, 2021
-support
campaing baseraids are hard as it is escpecialy on highlands
the other type of baseraids (conquest oneses) you still are able to do that

hj10wen

Game Master
Game Master
May 31, 2022
-Support
campaing baseraids are Ment to be Focused on the raid itself
and Old stiyle Base raids still allow this

Jimothy Leaderson

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 11, 2021
Thing is you aren't able to do it on old style ones as far as I've seen, given I've tried to do it before but unable to because most of the time an SL member sets it to the base raid mode instead which makes it impossible to do to my understanding.

Marselo [Roach]

Oct 5, 2023
- Support
If its normal base raids where you won the campaign its made so the ones who won it gets a base raid where they cant be back capped and lose it instantly.

While if you get a natural base raid with capturing all the points on the map you can be back capped during the base raid.

if you have seen a natural base raid with not being able to cap the points it might have been bugged so they had to put it to normal base raid so the attackers could actually cap the base.

Dr Drew

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 29, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Jimothy Leaderson ,
Your suggestion has been denied.
The content team feels like base raids do not need to be changed as they are already hard.
Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion​

Status
Not open for further replies.