Denied Biometric & Code Locked Fridges

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramuh

Feb 13, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Make chemical fridges biometric and/or add a code lock system to it.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Chemicals will be more secure & you could choose who has access(If a code is added)
- Stealing will become much, much harder

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Development time

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
In the past couple months, I have noticed that some people on the US server just can not keep their hands off other peoples stuff when it is stored in a fridge. I have seen people steal from the Executive Fridges, Omega-1 Fridges, and GOC Fridges on multiple occasions, two of those fridges are locked behind CL4 doors & they have still been stolen from. My suggestion would change fridges to be like file cabinets, in which only people with the appropriate clearance level may use them(i.e. GOC CL3, CI CL4, Foundation CL4, etc). This would prevent the stealing of chemicals & allow for people to use fridges without needing to constantly inventory & keep proof of what was in it in case someone decides to steal from it. On top of that, something that would further improve the safety of your chemicals in fridges is an optional code lock system. This wouldn't be as useful, but it could be used in certain situations. Say E-11 have a CL3 Fridge, without a code, and CL3 personnel could just go in & steal from it(It's not hard to get a CL3 job). With a code, only current & past members of E-11 would be able to use it. With the code lock & biometric system, if the research department wanted to, they could create an official chemistry division & give them their own fridge with a code on it so that only that group + research leadership could access it.

I understand that this suggestion may be useless to the majority of the server, but after having the GOCs stuff stolen not once, but twice & seeing the same issue in other groups such as O-1 & the Research Department, I believe it would still be a good addition to the server.

Evil

Jun 24, 2022
+support
biometric would be a nice addition to keep greedy people from stealing our shit.

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
+-neutral the purpose of fridges is to share your chems, if you want a personal stock than keep it in your inventory?

Evil

Jun 24, 2022
+-neutral the purpose of fridges is to share your chems, if you want a personal stock than keep it in your inventory?
I think he is making this suggestion to prevent other faction or minges from stealing other factions fridges

verybobby

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Oct 10, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Ramuh,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion. This is already a planned feature.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.