Blacklist Amnesty (I didn't realize that a vpn could get me banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2023
England, Hertfrodshire
Your in-game name: Lionel “Pluto” Smith

Your SteamID: 76561199143094510

Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199143094510/

Date of blacklist: I first saw the message on the 16/05/23

To the best of your knowledge, why were you blacklisted?: I have no clue why I have been blacklisted but I think it was because I was using a VPN whilst on Scprp uk. I was asking around on discord and apparently VPN service could give me the same ip as someone who has been banned in the past or something alike. Please list any times you have used methods to change or hide your IP (incl. game streaming, e.g. GeForce Now): I think ive used a VPN maybe anywhere between 1-5 times (Proton VPN)

Please list any alt accounts: I don’t have any alt accounts.

Who blacklisted you? (if known): Doesn’t Specify.

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/

What will you do to stop this from happening again: I am not going to use a vpn whilst playing on any of the civil network’s servers.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned/blacklisted?: I think I have 2-3 warnings on Scprp, there was also another occasion were I was temporarily banned on a dark rp server but this was a very long time ago and I cant remember if it was the civil networks rp server. Other than this I have not been Banned/blacklisted before.

Why should you be unblacklisted: I have no intention to abuse the rules or cheat, I love the civil networks servers, and I was not aware that I could banned because for the use of a vpn.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: Now I know that the use of a vpn could get me blacklisted/banned again I am not going to continue using it as I enjoy playing on the servers.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
I love playing on the Scprp uk server with friends, I also really enjoy scp lore and how civil networks has turned it into a Garry’s mod server. I also want to play the dark rp civil networks server as the old rp server was how I was what hooked me into the civil networks community. I have also spent quite a bit of money across the civil network servers.

Mar 6, 2023
England, Hertfrodshire
Hi, re-logged into the server yesterday so i could see the message but it only says "Blacklisted" with no further information. I was asking around discord to see how a vpn could get me banned. At this point im still uncertain of the reason i was blacklisted, not sure if anyone could look into it in their spare time so i could re-write my appeal if ive put down the wrong reason. Ip ban.png -Much appreciated!

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
Amnesty Accepted

Hi Michalis,

Thanks for taking the time to make a blacklist amnesty.

I've investigated the logs and your IP history and it appears likely that you were using a VPN, so I've lifted your blacklist. Please try to avoid using a VPN in the future or this may re-occur, if you must use a VPN, please try to use a good-quality paid VPN so that you don't match up with blacklisted players.​

Status
Not open for further replies.