Blacklist Amnesty Request (ERR_CONNECTION_1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giudon

Jan 1, 2023
Your in-game name: Giudon
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:176488082
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198313241893/
Date of blacklist: 15/04/2023
To the best of your knowledge, why were you blacklisted?: VPN Usage
Please list any times you have used methods to change or hide your IP (incl. game streaming, e.g. GeForce Now): I mostly use the VPN during the weekday. I use the VPN that is mostly discouraged (Proton VPN) because its the only VPN that works in my country.
Please list any alt accounts: N/A
Who blacklisted you? (if known): LUA code (VPN Blacklist)
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: I can't, due to my country's condition, I can't connect teamspeak without a VPN (UAE). I recommend SL to add my steam ID so that the system doesn't auto blacklist me from using the VPN.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned/blacklisted? Only one warning, last year.
Why should you be unblacklisted: I like the server, I'd like to continue playing it, I'm an E-11 CO.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: N/A
Why do you want to rejoin this server?: I'm a Senior foundation staff. I'd like to continue playing.

Last edited:

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
Anyway here is a message to cloak, Blacklisting vpns when a good chunk of the world depends on it, especially in the gmod community which is known for it's well angry admins leaking personal information is retarded. Plus it doesn't protect you against anything since its fucking easy to get a new ip address on a dhcp connection all it takes is to unplug your router and plug it back after 5-10 minutes on big networks and longer on smaller networks, and on a static ip, calling your ISP and requesting a new ip, the average person can also get a PVPN for cheap and do what I said above, or even easier use the TOR network (if you get lucky with a fast node). Blacklisting VPNs is just shooting into a crowd of peaple hoping to get bad actors in the process.
I know this message has been deleted, but just wanted to reply to it as it's pretty stupid - we don't blacklist VPNs, we automatically blacklist IPs that are used by blacklisted players. We don't disallow using VPNs, but it's not our fault if you flag up on the same IP as a blacklisted player - it's one of many checks we use to check for blacklist evasion.

The average staff member doesn't have access to IPs. If you don't trust the few people who do have access to your IP, please don't play on our servers.

Anyway -

@Giudon You'll need to contact me on Discord to talk about your situation. No point in me unblacklisting you if you'll just shortly get reblacklisted due to having to use a VPN. If your situation checks out, I can whitelist you from blacklist action so you won't be blacklisted even if you match a blacklisted IP.

Giudon

Jan 1, 2023
I know this message has been deleted, but just wanted to reply to it as it's pretty stupid - we don't blacklist VPNs, we automatically blacklist IPs that are used by blacklisted players. We don't disallow using VPNs, but it's not our fault if you flag up on the same IP as a blacklisted player - it's one of many checks we use to check for blacklist evasion.

The average staff member doesn't have access to IPs. If you don't trust the few people who do have access to your IP, please don't play on our servers.

Anyway -

@Giudon You'll need to contact me on Discord to talk about your situation. No point in me unblacklisting you if you'll just shortly get reblacklisted due to having to use a VPN. If your situation checks out, I can whitelist you from blacklist action so you won't be blacklisted even if you match a blacklisted IP.
got it, I dmed you in discord.

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
Whitelisted from blacklist action on SCP-RP, will take effect after restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.