Denied Breach Queue Change

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Onion"

Nov 20, 2022
in your walls
What does this suggestion change/add/remove
  • While an SCP is breached, pauses the breach queue to prevent snowballing breaches.
  • To compensate, the queue can be knocked down by like 30 minutes (except first after restart) since it would also pause whenever breach queue happens.
  • Exceptions to this would be 096 since it can just be dragged out by CI & 035 (and is more of a secondary threat) as well as surface SCPs obviously.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?
Nothing regarding the queue system itself but there are some like this that talk about the votes that have been denied before (this has nothing to do with votes they're fine)

Possible Positives of the suggestion
  • No snowballing breaches
  • More manageable breaches during times of high CI activity
  • No time crunch to recontain SCPs before queue
  • Standardized time between breaches
  • More time for RP between breaches
  • Less nukes

Possible Negatives of the suggestion
  • Possible avenue of metagaming silent breaches
  • Upset SCP players seeing breach queue paused
  • CI breaches have less potential w/o being able to snowball into queue
  • More breaches overall (but more in smaller sizes since they won't happen at the same time)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted?
During times of high CI activity, there are times when they manage to breach 3 SCPs through hacking manually or via giving 035 a foundation hostage host, it can result could result in 6 SCPs out due to breach tools, depending on which SCPs were breached. Then, queue happens and 2 more get out and if they have breach tools, 4 more get out, instant code black, usually nuke, and RP becomes disrupted for a full hour. More common during off hours but still a relatively common occurrence. I've seen many manageable breaches caused by CI to snowball into an instant nuke where almost every HCZ SCP is out due to the breach queue. I think this is a reasonable change since CI usually breaches strong SCPs w/ tools like 8837 which can result in a minimum of 2 strong SCPs out and MTF need time to respond. SCP breaches usually bring all other areas of the site to a grinding halt so I feel a more metered system is justified to keep MTF from getting overwhelmed by bad timing.

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
-support
MTF players not being able to defend against a CI raid and the consequences that causes is entirely their fault, pausing the breach queue would also be extremely annoying for anybody else who is on an SCP

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
-Support
there are reworks already planned for the breach queue, according to past suggestion acceptances/denials

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
havent found them searching sucks on the forums so oh well
understandable - but i distinctly remember some recent breach queue suggestions and they were accepted/denied with that reasoning. i might be misremembering. unless @Zen wants to fact check that for me

Crimson

Dec 29, 2022
-Support

we dont need another breach queue change, its fine as it is

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
~Support
I'm more of the opinion that breaches happen too often than that mass breaches are too much, so I'm not sure this is the way to go about it.

Lightsoulist

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 23, 2022
ah yes
make it so breaches only happen every 5 hours instead of 3
best idea ever ngl
-support

Auburn

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi Onion,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

There are too many concerns with failbreaches, and that peoples breach timers will get unfairly delayed as a result. We don't feel breaches during pre-existing breaches are that large of an issue, and the playerbase has adapted to these events occuring.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.