Denied Breach votes great again

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

holymilk

Nov 12, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Increase breach votes timer from 0.5 to a more reasonable number like 1 minute.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Probably. This is to increase breach vote timer since, as of whenever breach vote timer were tweaked, I believe some of the SCPs considered "issues" like the new reality benders and all that, are somewhat more balanced than what they were before

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
It makes breach votes have more of an impact, and since people gets so many (XK only gets 9, meaning they can only reduce the timer to 4.5 minutes if they use all of their breach votes. From there breach votes makes less of an impact the more non-VIP players there are and most sell them anyway for free money). Also would incentivize people to strive for VIP if they want more breach votes on their hands, especially if they like breaches.

Gives SCPs more incentive to stay on the job longer if it means potential breach votes/thus making them more available for testing, sampling, or otherwise. Also reduces complaining of 8 hr breach queues which are, imo, way too damn long for a single person with a life to waste on.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

-If CI cooks too much in a single day with MTF/DEA not able to stop them I can see why some people might think the breaches may be too much.
-People will complain of a lack of RP and that this is a breach server etc.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
There is no incentive to really use breach votes atm because of how insanely small any of them change the timer. It would all be dependant on a few XK VIP players, most of who like to sell rather than use breach votes, understandably. Breach votes is something players can control, and I don't think that it should've been neutered to half a minute since I find that the server can be EXTREMELY boring at times.

Breach votes overall are seen as useless these days because of the extremely long queue timers, especially after restarts. They should have more impact, preferably back to 1 minute. Nobody really finds them all too impactful either.

holymilk

Nov 12, 2023
-Support
Breaches are already frequent enough
The amount of people that own xk is crazy letting them reduce it by 9 minutes every day
I don't find breaches being frequent enough, 2 hrs apart is too long and current breach votes barely touch the current timer.

Painter

Jun 18, 2023
[REDACTED]
-support

HELPPPPP, HELP MEEEEE.

(CI breach SCPS, SCP’s breach every 2 1/2 hours)

They already breach enough. If you want breach RP, go play SCP SL, not GMOD SCPRP. There are so many forms of RP that are cut short or completely unavailable during breaches.

Reactions: Cloak and Zen

Darbo

Mar 7, 2023
-support
Breaches every 2-3 hours ontop of ci/dclass hacking
server isnt built around breaches and they just ruin most rp in the site

Reactions: Zen

Guinea

Jun 24, 2022
- Support
I like fighting breaches, if it's not an instant kill scp or 076

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Support
breach votes are kinda useless imo - everyone acting like this is going to make the server breaches only, i highly doubt it. breach votes are a completely optional thing to use and if they're being used too often, then that's a community issue. each person only gets so many a day

as for CI, CI raids are not supposed to always succeed. if CI are often successfully raiding, that is a Nu-7/DEA issue. sometimes balance needs to be provided by the players.

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
+support the value used to be 1 minute per breach vote they changed it a while back, I don't see why not to increase it a little ;)

Glazzing

May 31, 2023
Des Moines, Iowa
+Support
breach votes are kinda useless imo - everyone acting like this is going to make the server breaches only, i highly doubt it. breach votes are a completely optional thing to use and if they're being used too often, then that's a community issue. each person only gets so many a day

as for CI, CI raids are not supposed to always succeed. if CI are often successfully raiding, that is a Nu-7/DEA issue. sometimes balance needs to be provided by the players.
Main contributor to breaches is just CI & Class-D and 035 hacking them out
+support

Geronimo

Jan 29, 2023
United Kingdom
+ Support
I find breach votes are useless now, not to mention I feel there is a general lack of breaches. While yes, this is a roleplay game, quite a few breaches end before they even leave HCZ/LCZ. Some middle ground needs to be agreed upon to make breach votes useful and ensuring breaches aren't ridiculously frequent. Its like trying to balance a pin on your finger with the pinhead on your fingertip, but there's a balance somewhere.

holymilk

Nov 12, 2023
+ Support
I find breach votes are useless now, not to mention I feel there is a general lack of breaches. While yes, this is a roleplay game, quite a few breaches end before they even leave HCZ/LCZ. Some middle ground needs to be agreed upon to make breach votes useful and ensuring breaches aren't ridiculously frequent. Its like trying to balance a pin on your finger with the pinhead on your fingertip, but there's a balance somewhere.
Average 096 and 106 breaches last 1 minute. Some SCPs waste their breach votes going passive ? also not all scps have a breach tool so its easier to rc them. All I mean to say with this is that not all breaches end up being a code black like some of these people are afraid of.. most don't even reach surface, and some can be rc'd even if ERT all died.

Last edited:

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/remake-breach-votes-1-min.18622/
https://www.civilgamers.com/communi...way-to-make-players-breach.16916/#post-112037

This has already been denied twice before on the same basis that breaches were too frequent for serious roleplay to occur. Breaches and roleplay have always been difficult to balance.
these aren't that recent - also, idk how things are on US side, but UK side, we have a nu-7 that is in the process of rebuilding and recovering to become a better, stronger regiment, which should ideally push back against CI raid attempts, which in turn will correspond to less breaches by CI - and therefore less breaches overall of SCPs.

additionally, E-11 is presently the strongest regiment on UK and is still always seeking to improve on itself, which will also combat breach frequency (a good amount of recent breaches have been contained to HCZ)

i often see a lot of frustration regarding SCP breaching from a lot of people that want to breach as SCPs, who see the queue and ultimately become disinterested. SCPs have basically become either only for getting chems from or otherwise only to be flagged onto when someone is in a position to break one out.

this is the primary appeal of the server that is faltering in quality. will breach votes being 1 minute solve all of that? no. but it'll certainly help

imo - in isolation, breach votes being 1 minute will not increase the frequency of breaches enough to be concerning.

Last edited:

emilsnat

Developer
Developer
Programming Team
Feb 9, 2023
+Support
Either this or buff SCPs so that their breaches are better

Status
Not open for further replies.