Denied Bring back USSR

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toni

May 23, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Reverts the NWO faction entirely back to USSR.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Yes it has been suggested before, It is different this time because there is nobody online past the second war of the day.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
1. Revives NWO
2. Possible incentives for newer players to join a war server, not every terminally online person knows 1984, USSR is more accessible.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Development time, I believe most models/images etc are already present from when it used to be USSR (assumption).

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
So the server doesn't die, NWO players get what they want, and Civil Networks generates more revenue.

Upvote 11
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

"Toomas"

Feb 27, 2023
+Support
Something what 95% of the server want back and would fix multiple problems with the server and community overall.

John “Atlas” Kent

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Feb 9, 2022
Vietnam
+Support

Firstly, I was an MRP player before joining SCP-RP around December 2021, and the server was mostly around 80–90 players on average. Of course, the launch of NWO was hype, and everyone was enjoying it, but over time, many people left because they still preferred the USSR to NWO. NATO is a faction that most new players are fully aware of, which means they are likely to join NATO rather than investing time to join a fictional faction.

Bratan

Jul 30, 2022
+Support

Новый мировой порядок скучен, пожалуйста, верните СССР.

Jason M.

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 10, 2021
+Support

Never thought as a polish person myself I'd be advocating for the return of the union but, bring that shit back!

(I will gladly write every single document of lore myself)

Reactions: Toni

Ace/Nightcrawler

Civil Gamers Expert
Oct 11, 2021
BIGGEST +SUPPORT

Damn even as a Lithuanian who hates, despises and USSR/Russian related things or itself, bring this shit back to mrp, this was the only reason it was healthy
As unfortunately as it sounds, this has been denied many times WHO GIVES A FUCK?!
Bring this shit called USSR in MRP back! (For the sake of the server)

Nathaniel Brown

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 6, 2022
the Netherlands
+- Neutral support

Dont get me wrong as I like USSR getting back but its a bit of a cope suggestion in my opinion.

NWO lacking the last weeks is not because of the name but a lack of leadership/SC activity.
NATO has been in this state before aswell with almost no activity, losing campaigns in the first week because we got dominated and all that because there just was a lack of HC.

I can see that new players might join CG MRP because it will become a NATO vs USSR server in the server list as I said this is a bit of a cope reaction.

Edit: Just reading through some replies on this thread and I'm actually confused by people saying its not SC/regiments fault of NWO's bad performance so @Solaz I'd just like to ask you, if it's because of the name of the faction how was NWO so dominant last year?

Last edited:

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
+- Neutral support

Dont get me wrong as I like USSR getting back but its a bit of a cope suggestion in my opinion.

NWO lacking the last weeks is not because of the name but a lack of leadership/SC activity.
NATO has been in this state before aswell with almost no activity, losing campaigns in the first week because we got dominated and all that because there just was a lack of HC.

I can see that new players might join CG MRP because it will become a NATO vs USSR server in the server list as I said this is a bit of a cope reaction.

Edit: Just reading through some replies on this thread and I'm actually confused by people saying its not SC/regiments fault of NWO's bad performance so @Solaz I'd just like to ask you, if it's because of the name of the faction how was NWO so dominant last year?
NWO/USSR has a nasty habit of not replacing leaders who resign their posts, and the leaders that do remain are ineffective as they haven't been adequately trained. When good leadership does turn up, NWO/USSR will typically dominate for a while until NATO buck up their own ideas.

Moving back to NATO/USSR is more about server health than team health. MRP does need more people in, and if having USSR in the server title helps that then it should be considered. If a move back to NATO/USSR did happen then it'll be just as likely that USSR will struggle, but at least there'll be a larger pool of players to select new leaders from.

NATO does suffer from the same problem but FAR less frequently, the only time significant action had to be taken was around Nov 2022 when me, Cal and a few others were bought back in to NHC to help stabilise things.

I luv kebabs

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 18, 2022
+support
Appreciate the Devs for creating NWO, cool models, vehicles etc. but sadly it does not have any decent lore, USSR is something people know just from school and stuff, easier to RP with that faction and also have fun.

NATO got the treatment of a faction not getting enough members so they reverted their faction so do the same with NWO if its not getting players to join their side.

Bohemia

Oct 23, 2022
+ Support
When I played MRP for 2 seconds, was disappointed when I found out NWO was a thing rather than USSR

Status
Not open for further replies.