Buff 079

Nov 12, 2023
Turkey
I believe they should add a very difficult to hack turret inside of 079's CC to allow him to defend himself! :)
Not a bad idea tbh. Even in the server opening animation one of the tips specifically says that 079 breach could be catastrophic. It would make sense to protect that CC with a turret other than a giant bulk door. Then as you said that turret could be very hard to hack in order to let SCP's breach the 079 or 079 to protect his hardware.

Mason Phillips

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Feb 22, 2024
The issue I see with adding a turret being added to their CC is it will discourage other SCP's from breaching them, which in turn will reduce them breaching from the queue only.

The other problem you have is no matter how hard you make it there will be some who will be able to hack the turret reliably and in turn cause an infinite breach.

All they would need to do is hack the turret, then another SCP. Hack turret again then generator's and repeat. ERT wouldn't have much chance to defend against this

The only real counter to this would be disabling the turrets for the whole site which could be more harmful as it would allow other SCP's to go surface with next to no resistance.

079 takes some time to RC as most cant complete a lvl 5 hack reliably. 079 should be able to get SCP's out who can help protect its CC like 106 / 966 before they get RC. if anything was to be done to make it harder to RC it should be increase lvl of the hack, not add a turret.

The issue I see with adding a turret being added to their CC is it will discourage other SCP's from breaching them, which in turn will reduce them breaching from the queue only.
Have 079 hack the turret to disable it while he's still contained.

The other problem you have is no matter how hard you make it there will be some who will be able to hack the turret reliably and in turn cause an infinite breach.

All they would need to do is hack the turret, then another SCP. Hack turret again then generator's and repeat. ERT wouldn't have much chance to defend against this

The only real counter to this would be disabling the turrets for the whole site which could be more harmful as it would allow other SCP's to go surface with next to no resistance.
Make the turret a CL5 hack.
079 can't stay at his CC forever, or else he's just a useless breach. While the turret isn't hostile, and he isn't at his CC, start to hack and recontain him.
079 will get there later, and it would be a race between who could hack a CL5 first - 079 or the people trying to RC him.

You could also place the turret not facing his PC, so that if you get past it, you can begin to RC him.

079 takes some time to RC as most cant complete a lvl 5 hack reliably. 079 should be able to get SCP's out who can help protect its CC like 106 / 966 before they get RC.
LVL 5 hacks are so easy, as a E11 LT you should be used to them, and if not that is your failings.

if anything was to be done to make it harder to RC it should be increase lvl of the hack, not add a turret.
Although I 100% agree - Didn't you just say a LVL 5 hack can't be completely reliable? tf are you wanting here.

Mason Phillips

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Feb 22, 2024
Have 079 hack the turret to disable it while he's still contained.
The issue with this is while 079 is contained they shouldn't be able to hack any foundation systems, if they can they are technically not contained.

You could also place the turret not facing his PC, so that if you get past it, you can begin to RC him.
If this is the case then 079 wouldn't be able to hack them to allow other SCP's in as it would be out of the reach of their CC unless you are talking about a sentry which doesn't have 360 axis.

LVL 5 hacks are so easy, as a E11 LT you should be used to them, and if not that is your failings.
Agreed but out of E-11 there is only a handful I can think of who can reliably do a CL5.

Although I 100% agree - Didn't you just say a LVL 5 hack can't be completely reliable? tf are you wanting here.
the RC procedure is to hack a AI computer. Just because most cant do it doesn't mean it should be easy for the ones who can.

The issue with this is while 079 is contained they shouldn't be able to hack any foundation systems, if they can they are technically not contained.
Insert the keypads in his CC
If this is the case then 079 wouldn't be able to hack them to allow other SCP's in as it would be out of the reach of their CC unless you are talking about a sentry which doesn't have 360 axis.
Yes, one without 360 axis that isn't facing the PC, sorry for not clarifying that.

Agreed but out of E-11 there is only a handful I can think of who can reliably do a CL5.
Skill issue. They should be trained to do it, LVL 5 hacks are like the one thing E11 ever need to hack.

Mason Phillips

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Feb 22, 2024
Insert the keypads in his CC
still doesn't take away from the point 079 shouldn't be hacking any foundation systems while contained.
Yes, one without 360 axis that isn't facing the PC, sorry for not clarifying that.
if this is the case kind of voids the whole point as someone can just get a riot shield and walk in. once they get past the fence they are clear.

I suspected the original idea being a normal turret inside the CC with 360 axis

Skill issue. They should be trained to do it, LVL 5 hacks are like the one thing E11 ever need to hack.
it is a requirement higher up the ranks but not often people will go out of their way to practice.

still doesn't take away from the point 079 shouldn't be hacking any foundation systems while contained.
Then why is it a intended feature
if this is the case kind of voids the whole point as someone can just get a riot shield and walk in. once they get past the fence they are clear.

I suspected the original idea being a normal turret inside the CC with 360 axis
Smart move on their behalf then.

it is a requirement higher up the ranks but not often people will go out of their way to practice.
ok