Denied Camera Power Grid Changes

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caeden

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Dec 21, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Anyone that plays DC knows the struggle of cameras, and while I'm not suggesting they be changed in the way that they spot disguised individuals I believe that they should:
Turn off when all other systems are (E.g full power losses like when reactors are offline)
Have something that can be hacked to disable them. (E.g a electricity box such as the ones that can activate/deactivate lights/signs/keycard scanners.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Would make it a little more balanced for CI Deep covers as currently it can be very difficult to completely avoid any camera, as even if you are caught in the corner of one you are screwed more or less, especially when the person watching is on the Site-wide cameras and you cant take them out.
- Cameras are always online, even when lights, keycard scanners and signs haven't got enough power to work properly.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
May be difficult to implement.
May need some changing to find a good balance.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I believe the positives outweigh the negatives and it would just add a little more realism to cameras.,

grunger

Feb 26, 2023
Camera systems can already be disabled via disabling all three turbines. And, for such a powerful surveillance tool at the disposal of the Foundation, it should probably be a challenge of 2 or 3 hacks to fully disable cameras as opposed to hacking one box and going dark.

Biscuits

Jan 2, 2023
+Support
Maybe they should make these "electricity boxes" a silent hack, so the DCs can remain undetected

Blondie

Mar 9, 2022
Sweden
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Caeden ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

This is a bug that will be fixed.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.