Denied Change EAS so that it (optionally) calls your location

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Boy

Sep 22, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Change the Emergency Announcement system to include the location of the terminal in which the code or request was called from.
ex. instead of "MTF Nu7 LCPL Billy Boy has called a Code 1" it would say something like "MTF Nu7 LCPL Billy Boy has called a Code 1 from Lower Light Containment Zone", can be useful in some cases and the EAS can be used as a "panic button"

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I'm not sure, I had a quick look but couldn't see anything.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- allow us to quickly ascertain where the code has been called from
- gives more reason to make it to an EAS point , so you can call your location quickly

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- it may be useless information, if someone else is calling the code on someone else's behalf it may result in the location information being useless

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I believe that it could be a configurable option within the EAS menu, allowing for the user to decide whether to include their location or not (defaulted to yes)
I think that it would just be a nice QOL feature as currently when someone wants to panic button they spam it in chat and hope they have their headcam turned on, they could use the EAS if this was implemented.

Pengu

Jan 15, 2023
-Support
This is going to cause confusion.
We already have an announcement system that we can use for that.

Billy Boy

Sep 22, 2023
-Support
This is going to cause confusion.
We already have an announcement system that we can use for that.
the suggestion could be changed to allow that feature for CL3, as we can already call site-wide codes, would be nice to call smaller more direct responses when a code for the whole site is not needed

Pengu

Jan 15, 2023
the suggestion could be changed to allow that feature for CL3, as we can already call site-wide codes, would be nice to call smaller more direct responses when a code for the whole site is not needed
you can call codes out on the intercom. (kinda) like "intruder at FL2"

Derek White

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Oct 12, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Billy Boy ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

This has been denied as it could cause confusion as most of the time it is your teammate calling it out in Teamspeak and another guy in that teamspeak hits the alarm. it could cause panic as there is an active alarm, but they are unable to find it due to it being called from the wrong place.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.