Denied Change new GSD Security Response Unit

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dear

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 14, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Separates GSD Security Response Unit in 2 jobs.
1. for patrolling (Security Patrol Unit)
2. for D-Block (Security Riot Unit)
You guys can probably come up with better names so if you are going to respond on this post please share job names that you think would fit with their duties.

Right now the only way to tell them apart is by their load-out which isnt easy. So you have to watch what gun they have or else you have now idea what kind of unit they are. Its also possible that they got a different weapon from the armoury of have a permanent weapon and then its impossible to tell who does what kind of duties.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No i dont think so.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Easier for IA to identify Response units that are doing the wrong duties.
GSD Captains and chiefs have a better view on how many patrol and Station units there are, allowing for better organising.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Can't think of any.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
We as IA were asked to monitor these changes and make sure they do their assigned duties. So some go patrol while others stay at d-block but we cant tell them apart. The same goes for GSD Captains and chiefs trying to keep their personnel on their assigned duties. Its just not very clear who does what especially when all 8 slots are filled.

James Overscott

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 10, 2021
+Support
It'd make it easier for IA to spot when they need to enforce the FLC. Also, the organizing point I think it great. Can't speak for GSD since I'm not CL4 there, but if I was, I'd like that.

Reactions: John Dear

John Dear

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 14, 2021
I also would like to add that it helps E-11 for the same reason. They can't identify if its a station or patrol unit running around HCZ atm.

Revolutionary

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Aug 25, 2023
+Support
-As stated above would be easy for IA to spot any gensec that break protocol

Naffen

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Apr 11, 2022
Only the name would be the difference, which would be metagaming by looking above their heads, so it'd still be just their weapons and equipment as a show of what their role is, and the models would still be the same

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
I don't see really a point in seperating the job into two. For example, if we were to make two jobs, they would both have the same models but different weapons (which is already the case).

You can identify them by looking at their weapons and interacting with them (you can ask people questions), so not much would change.

Reactions: Caesar Kuznetsov

Cary “Raven”

Jun 26, 2023
+SUPPORT

It’s already annoying to deal with stationing patrol units at D-block after a day of the update being released, if there could be a way to maybe add on the back of the model if they are patrol or stationed branch that would make the job so much easier.

John Dear

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 14, 2021
Only the name would be the difference, which would be metagaming by looking above their heads, so it'd still be just their weapons and equipment as a show of what their role is, and the models would still be the same
So Keycards are not a thing anymore?

Naffen

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Apr 11, 2022
So Keycards are not a thing anymore?
Probably just refer you to Rushis message. Dual loadout system pretty easy to use and operate and as easy to see and identify

John Dear

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 14, 2021
Probably just refer you to Rushis message. Dual loadout system pretty easy to use and operate and as easy to see and identify
So if i line up 8 Security Response Units with all different loadouts and some having armory weapons + perma weapons it will be a piece of cake?

Reactions: Naffen

Michael Dzhetnikov

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 22, 2022
I don't see really a point in seperating the job into two. For example, if we were to make two jobs, they would both have the same models but different weapons (which is already the case).

You can identify them by looking at their weapons and interacting with them (you can ask people questions), so not much would change.
Site Security should have white bodygrouping and d block blue

GMAN0289

Dec 1, 2022
We wouldn't need to think about splitting the jobs if we had a locker to switch loadouts :/

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @John Dear,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion because your reasoning does not justify a need to split the two jobs into two. You can very easily talk to players and figure out what loadout they are using (and you can weapon check them if necessary).

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.