Denied Change the Grappling Hook SWEP to a better one.

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oceanus

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 21, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion is to change the grappling hook SWEP we currently have, to one that works better.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
A possible positive is that it promotes teamwork as people can't hitbox abuse with this grappling hook, so the other members with them would have to protect the person grappling, which ties into one of the possible negatives, which I'll elaborate on in the 4th section.

Another possible positive is that this would mean that we could eliminate the little glitches that happen with the current grappling hook, such as it not allowing you to interact with it, or when it goes through the terrain. Both of these force you to reload and try again.

A third possible positive is that because this addon is harder to use, as you can take fall damage easier, it means that people would need to train to be able to use it properly and effectively, promoting more RP on both sides within their respective regiments, and therefore on the server as a whole.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
One possible negative is that people could use it to minge.
Another possible negative is that only one person could use it to grapple up somewhere.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Regarding the minging, AOR/RMP are there to detain or arrest anyone using it to minge, which would then lead to these people's COs being told about it, which would then get them punished, therefore stopping them from using it to minge.

Regarding the one person being able to use it to grapple, this could be negated by having a medic with them, and then the person with the grapple using it to pull the other teammates up to where they are, then using the medic to heal them again.

When looking through both the positives and the negatives, I believe it would be a worthwhile change, that would benefit the server more than the current one does. Thank you for reading, and I hope you consider this suggestion.

-Oceanus

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Lee Falzone

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
This SWEP was used back in CU (CNs old SWRP server) and this SWEP is 10 times better than the current one we have. That one feels less buggy BUT can be heavily abused and reach/jump in high velocity to areas that its not supposed to. If there could be rules added like Failrp for it then

+Support

Oceanus

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 21, 2021
-Support literally a pistol that fires a rope, really low quality addon.

I would +Support a better made addon
To counter that point, couldn't the model for the weapon the player holds be changed to better fit the roleplay?

Also, shouldn't function outweigh looks, with the benefits it could bring?

Cheers for reading again,
-Oceanus

Last edited:

david blane

Apr 3, 2022
- support

its legit a pistol shooting a rope, has no rp value, the current 1 at least can be seen as being used properly due to hook.

Oceanus

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 21, 2021
- support

its legit a pistol shooting a rope, has no rp value, the current 1 at least can be seen as being used properly due to hook.
Like I said to Connor, to counter that point, couldn't the model for the weapon the player holds be changed to better fit the roleplay? I'm sure that's more than within the devs capabilities.

Also, shouldn't function outweigh looks, with the benefits it could bring? The information noted in my suggestion holds more rp value than the look supposedly takes away.

Cheers for reading again,
-Oceanus

Jack G

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Feb 19, 2021
Suggestion Denied

Hi Oceanus,
Your suggestion has been denied. The current G-HOOK works fine and this one is easily abuseable. You can gain random spurts of velocity with it and end up flying around the map

Thanks, Content Team​

Reactions: Oceanus
Status
Not open for further replies.