Rule Suggestion Change the Interrogation Rules

Rule suggestions will be reviewed by Superadmins, this may take longer than standard content suggestions.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jam

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 10, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Modifies the rule 2.4 (c) so that the three /roll questions can only be asked to CL4+ members after a continuous roleplay window of interrogation/torture after 5 minutes.

DEA/MTF/GOC/CI have control over another faction's prisoner within their own base and have the power to delegate interrogation or negotiations. During interrogation they may ask 3 questions; for each question asked an interrogator and the prisoner being interrogated must /roll 100 and the interrogator must use /me to describe the interrogation method. If the interrogator rolls higher the prisoner must tell the truth. If the prisoner rolls higher they may say whatever they wish as long as it does not break server rules.
  • No codewords/phrases allowed.
  • Interrogators may not ask the same question more than once, while they are following this rule.
  • After the 3 questions are asked, with the use of /roll, the interrogation may continue as normal and within the confines of RP.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Nope.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Adds Roleplay to Interrogations / actual torture RP
Extends interrogations

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Prolongs interrogations for people?

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This would allow for interrogations (at least for Clearance 4 people) to actually be roleplayed. Ever since the 3 roll questions were introduced, the interrogations fell off in all factions, everyone resorts to just "I ask these questions" and interrogations are over. Back then it used to be way more original and it had to be roleplayed out, way before the interrogations. And since Clearance 4 are basically roleplay leaders they should at least get some effort of being questioned. 5 Minutes of effort is not too much asked.
Also Clearance 4 usually have valuable information, so why shouldn't it be worth the effort to torture it out of them.
upvotefinal.png

The Guardian

Sep 22, 2023
In the ruling it states they must use /me to describe a method of forcing the information out of you. If they don't, the roll isn't valid and you may answer with whatever you wish.

That's how I understand that, anyway. If there's no /me, there's nothing forcing the answer out of you, and therefore you can answer with anything or not answer at all.

I've noticed this as well, that combatives don't actually RP. Hell, in one instance, I know interrogators were actively angry at the person they captured actually RPing. Sadly, the state of RP on this server is somewhat abysmal.

Jam

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 10, 2022
In the ruling it states they must use /me to describe a method of forcing the information out of you. If they don't, the roll isn't valid and you may answer with whatever you wish.

That's how I understand that, anyway. If there's no /me, there's nothing forcing the answer out of you, and therefore you can answer with anything or not answer at all.

I've noticed this as well, that combatives don't actually RP. Hell, in one instance, I know interrogators were actively angry at the person they captured actually RPing. Sadly, the state of RP on this server is somewhat abysmal.
I think that must've completely went forgotten.

The Guardian

Sep 22, 2023
I think that must've completely went forgotten.
I wouldn't be surprised, the only faction I've seen put effort into interrogations are CI and GOC. The last time I was interrogated by A1, they just asked questions. Didn't do a /me. I just went with it, because I did not want to deal with them lmao.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Support
agree
while we're at it, can we get some example cases included for
  • Interrogators may not ask the same question more than once, while they are following this rule.
please?

i had a CI interrogate me as an assistant the other day and they asked
"what is the door code to O5 offices" which they failed, so i gave them a random (fake) code
and then their last question was "what door codes do you know" and won that roll - which yes, isn't the same question, however i ONLY knew the door code to O5 offices (although i gave the code without saying what it was for), so they basically cheated an answer to the first question imo

Last edited:

Snavier

May 5, 2023
-SUPPORT

This is not really a good idea.. honestly, I don’t know why you would make LV4+ do it anyways?

Reactions: Kevin Ki

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
-SUPPORT

This is not really a good idea.. honestly, I don’t know why you would make LV4+ do it anyways?
i agree it could be better worded, the questions are for everyone, but the idea is to encourage roleplay on and toward CL4 roles by making the roleplay in interrogations a requisite for interrogating a CL4 role.

Jam

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 10, 2022
-SUPPORT

It's 5 minutes of interrogation/torture, asking some basic questions and CL4 should be able to role play accordingly and not be sore losers who are making it unenjoyable. Cl4 usually have good information and some roleplay to go alongside it, should be something nice for both sides involved. The basic interrogation is literally just to get seated into a room and being asked 3 questions before being ransomed which is the most boring darkRP roleplay I've seen.
This used to be way different back then with genuine roleplay interrogations and the rolls did not give you guaranteed answers, made people actually think how to convince the hostage like e.g. giving them a good deal for answering truthfully and so on.

Reactions: Emilia Foddg

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
-Support

I think a rule forcing people to participate in a RP scenario is a bad idea, especially interrogation/torture rp.

1. Because some people take it too far/get really edgy about it.

2. Some people just aren't comfortable with torture RP, and that's not something we should force on people.

I get how it can be annoying to go through when that's the kinda RP you want, but some people just don't. You can still do your ( /me does thing) but someone shouldn't be forced to take part in it if they aren't comfortable/okay with it. The rolls are a good middle ground to where both sides can still somewhat RP it.

Alpa

Jun 23, 2022
-support
I like RP and that but 5 minutes of /me rp is not good rp, mandating 5 minutes of /me rp is not beneficial in any capacity. Doing a single /me per question is fine as is.

The Guardian

Sep 22, 2023
-Support

I think a rule forcing people to participate in a RP scenario is a bad idea, especially interrogation/torture rp.

1. Because some people take it too far/get really edgy about it.

2. Some people just aren't comfortable with torture RP, and that's not something we should force on people.

I get how it can be annoying to go through when that's the kinda RP you want, but some people just don't. You can still do your ( /me does thing) but someone shouldn't be forced to take part in it if they aren't comfortable/okay with it. The rolls are a good middle ground to where both sides can still somewhat RP it.
Honestly, had not thought of the second point. Thank you for bringing that up.

Chad

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
I wouldn't be surprised, the only faction I've seen put effort into interrogations are CI and GOC. The last time I was interrogated by A1, they just asked questions. Didn't do a /me. I just went with it, because I did not want to deal with them lmao.

A-1 this A-1 that

+support

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
???
CI-A are not CL4?

unless i've interpreted the suggestion wrong, it's if the victim is a CL4
biscuits is just being schizo as normal
also +Support, although im unsure how well this rule would be enforced

Status
Not open for further replies.