Denied Change the Name of the File of the File of the Map when ever an Update happens

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Langstädtler

Sep 19, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Change the Name of the File of the newest Map, when ever an Map edit Happens.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I dont think so

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
-Removes the Headache for players, of the Map differs Problem, and makes it easier for Admins to sent the newerst Actual Map File. To solve the Issue who still get the Error.
-Admins have less to do since less People will Run in the issue.
- People can get the Up to Date Map quicker

-People who run into the Issue, dont have to take whole LOAs till the issue has been resolved and they can join the Server Again
Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
-It only reduces the ammount of People who run into the issue, but not completly Negate the Issue.
-Who ever is making the Map Edit, has only to Edit the File name of the Current Map. has to do 1 Click with the Mouse and Press 2 Buttons on the Keyboard.
-

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It would save People a lot of time for Future Map Edits Updates and would make them able to Enjoy Updates quicker instead of having to take an LOA and Wait for Staff to Respond.
This Error only occors for few People, i cant tell how many People ran into the issue since i am not a Staff myself and i only know what Caused it, and how to Solve it for me, so how many People have this Problem, might not be worth the Effort of doing it for them.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
+Support if this isn't already happening.
You may also want to use Semantic Versioning for the version tag (MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH) if you're changing how you do it at all.

Langstädtler

Sep 19, 2023
+Support if this isn't already happening.
You may also want to use Semantic Versioning for the version tag (MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH) if you're changing how you do it at all.
Well the current map name is the same as pre update. So currently as far as I know it isn’t.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
I thought the map name had 8c prior to update and 8d now? Unless I didn't notice a change.

Lord_Fr3ze

Senior Developer
Senior Developer
Mapping Team
Content Team
Jan 3, 2022
I don't get this one. We already do this? Whenever we update the maps on any of the servers we change the last letter at the end of the map file name. So for example it was rp_site65_civilnetworks_v8c before, and now it's v8d.

When a major map update occurs, for example the HCZ update, the number after the v gets changed.

Langstädtler

Sep 19, 2023
I don't get this one. We already do this? Whenever we update the maps on any of the servers we change the last letter at the end of the map file name. So for example it was rp_site65_civilnetworks_v8c before, and now it's v8d.

When a major map update occurs, for example the HCZ update, the number after the v gets changed.
Yeah this happend, becuse i somehow was sent the wrong Map File, which didnt work, so i taught that the most likely thing which happend is that they Mixed up the Map and sent the wrong one.
Later one, i also saw that you did this, so i wanted to ensure that this didnt happen again becuse it was a very Frustrating Experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.