Accepted Changes / Fixes to Voice Amp

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.

James Overscott

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 10, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Fixes the VA (I'll suggest how further below)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
HC who are also gamemasters won't accidentally broadcast their voice to the enemy during wars.
Would also remove some confusion between the different modes of the VA I guess?

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Dev time maybe?

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
The voiceamp has been, for lack of a better term, terrible to use for as long as I can remember. I don't know if this is a client side issue but there are many times where I'll pull out the VA and I'm literally spamming right click and it doesn't switch modes. There are also times where it says "All Team", but in reality it's on all.

Here are the changes I suggest we can make.

I think the bugs mentioned above should be fixed. If the text showing what mode you're on would show the correct mode, and there are no bugs when switching modes, then I think the issue would be mitigated to some extend.

Make it so that whenever someone pulls out the VA it starts on the "Broadcast Team" option instead of the GM "Broadcast All" option. The VA is used more for leading wars than it is for events.

Alternatively, if these two suggestions aren't going to solve it we could just split the VA into a Gamemaster VA and a normal VA, where the GM VA is the only one able to broadcast to everyone.

this is definitely not being suggested because i got gamemaster a couple days ago and accidentally pulled an el zapso yesterday and broadcasted something to the enemy team (whoops)

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Michiel-MV

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Group Moderator
Jan 1, 2021
Belguim
From what ive heard this cant really be fixed and its a lag issue i would love that to be fixed but from what ive heard you cant not sure don't take me by my word on this

el zapso

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Sep 4, 2021
The only fix i can think of thats easy is to place the "All Team" one first and the "Everyone (GM)" on the last

Nirvan

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 30, 2021
Remove the GM mode and add another voice amp that's only accessible to GMs. ez fix

James Overscott

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 10, 2021
Remove the GM mode and add another voice amp that's only accessible to GMs. ez fix
Yeah I did write that as one of the possible solutions to this problem. If we can't fix it due to lag issues like Michiel mentioned this is probably our best bet.

Jack G

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Feb 19, 2021
Suggestion Accepted

Hi Welding Olsen,
Your suggestion has been accepted. We will make 2x Voice Amps. One with All Team and Amplified only, the other with All and Amplified.

Thanks, Content Team​