Accepted Changes to GOC Engineer

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vollgas

Mar 19, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
  • Change the UNGOC Engineer clearance from level two to level three.
  • Add a clipboard to the UNGOC Engineer job.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  • The ability to enter and exit the base for a job that's really allowed to do so anytime, as well as accessing areas of the base that should be open for all UNGOC personnel
  • Document writing ability for a job that's mostly passive-RP based.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  • Increased possibilities of a passive RP on the surface may mean the Engineer will forget his primary duty of fixing terminals and equipment at the base.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Engineers are allowed to exit the base whenever they want. I enjoy just roleplaying fixing comms and such on the surface, as I interact with the civilian, CI, and Foundation teams. The fact that I have to parkour my way outside and ask someone inside to open it whenever I want to return is quite annoying. Also, there are jobs that are meant to be even more enclosed (like R&D) that have a higher clearance so they can move inside the base since even some of the most basic and "open-for-all" doors are CL3.

Regarding the clipboard, engineers are a basically passive RP team, so having the ability to write documents seems like an absolute must for those of us who enjoy creating reports.

L.Saint

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Jul 21, 2022
Suggestion Approved

Hi @Vollgas,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

Status
Not open for further replies.