Accepted Changes to Search and Destroy when one side is heavily outnumbered

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby1

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 8, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
When the war is a search and destroy I believe there should be ways to help the side which is currently highly outnumbered. In a conquest war this is done by changing the cap rates to help out the team with less active players. This could be implemented into search and destroy by giving the team with less players a smaller amount of time for the bomb to detonate. Everytime I attempted to place a bomb when my side was heavily outnumbered i'd have 5-6 enemies on me in less than thirty seconds, and when they attempted to plant they'd have more people defending the bomb.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I don't believe so

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
1. Makes it more fair for the team with fewer players, search and destroy is the game mode which relies the highest on numbers and when a side is outnumbered by almost 10 it becomes extremely difficult to make a difference.
2. Conquest Wars has ways to make it fairer for the side with fewer players, why shouldn't S&D have a way to balance things out.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
One side has to be more responsive to defusing bombs due to having more players

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Makes the game mode more balanced innit

Last edited:
Reactions: Graves
Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
+Support

War earlier today was ridiculously unfair for NWO. There was a similar CTF war before this too. Being outnumbered guarantees a loss in these war types.

Jason M.

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 10, 2021
+Support

Thank god someone figured something out that would actually work!

I will say, as an alternative, I wouldn't mind having a certain side have a faster defuse time / slower defuse time for bombs. This could also help balance.

Hope with my support (Being an NHC, and the higher-playercount faction a good bit of the time), this will help get this passed. Now a suggestion just needs to be made to balance CTF!
( And to remove KC )

Wolves

Civil Gamers Expert
May 14, 2022
- Natural
Im kind on the fence for this one, its an good idea but whatever side have lower numbers will have an advantage, so lower team could get more bombs off if timer is lowered, depends on how much you looking to lower it as if it like 1/2 more enemines I agree it should be lower by 30 seconds, so its a 1 min 30 sec than 2 mins but its like 26/20 on each side, should stay the same.

nathancheetah

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 12, 2021

+Support

NWO is failing to get numbers, which makes it harder for them, so they lose more players, which just makes the server worse. The cycle continues...

'Kaz'

Jul 30, 2022
Suggestion Accepted

Hi @Bobby1 ,
Your suggestion has been accepted. This suggestion is on the backlog,
Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion​

Status
Not open for further replies.