Charles's Director of Internal Affairs App [UK]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles "Ze" Whittme

Apr 4, 2023
Steam ID: 76561198120844023
Discord name: Admiral Ze?#9021
For how long have you played on CG SCP: 6.4 days. Just about all as IA (Yes I main it)
In what country are you located?: England
Time zone: BST
Character name(s): Charles "Ze" Whitmee
Civilian name: Charles Whitmee
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- IA Agent
-IA Ambassador
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
-I have not.

Why are you applying for Director of Internal Affairs?

-I am applying because I wish to make changes to IA. I love working as IA however there are things I wish I could change, and at the moment I believe the best way to make this happen is to take the initiative and lead IA there myself. Changes I plan to push for would be focused around new Agents and existing Agents, Including but not limited to:
  • A senior Agent role, to mark out the exceptional Agents that Foundation staff know they can trust.
  • Agent Conduct reports, granting ambassadors a place to record agent behaviour for internal use
  • IA office changes, granting ambassadors a room as well. A slightly harder change however
  • Updated training methods, such as arrest training
These are some of the changes I wish to bring, and hope that I will be given the mandate to do so.

What makes you suitable for Director of Internal Affairs?:

-I believe I am suitable for the role of Director due to these reasons:
  • I have spent the vast majority of my time onsite in IA, and have an in-depth knowledge of how our department works as well as what needs to be improved.
  • I believe that I'm a good leader, training Agents whenever I can and advising them on any issues they may have. While also scolding and punishing those who actively go against IA policies, I also make an active effort to praise Agents who perform their duties well and without being ordered. (E.g. Manning checkpoint Charlie during a breach by their own initiative )
  • I always take a neutral position on any matter involving arrests and such, making sure that all parties are heard out and all evidence considered. From this I deliver a just punishment or outcome, be that a warning, credit or arrest.
  • When possible I maintain a healthy relationship with departments on site. For example I try and stay on good terms with all GenSec captains as Cadets are known to break the FLC more often then other staff members, and having healthy relations with GenSec leadership ensures that they are dealt with fairly and quickly.
  • Above all, on site I am devoted to ensuring that the FLC is upheld on site and will go to any needed length to protect that.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Internal Affairs in RP?:

-The duties of the Director are as follows:
  • To act as the point of contact for Ambassadors in IA, to answer any question they may have
  • To approve/deny any ambassador applications
    • This includes interviewing and training of the new ambassador if approved
  • Enforcing departmental policy, ensuring ambassadors and agents follow procedure.
  • Pushing for departmental changes
  • Acting as the point of contact for the whole of IA, for example if SA wishes to contact IA they'd go through the director
    • This also includes attending site meetings with our departments

Please give some lore about your Director of Internal Affairs character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Prior to the foundation:​

Charles was born in London, his mother a convicted criminal, who put the poor child up for adoption as she was the only relative little Charles had.
For the next few years Charles would end up bouncing around multiple orphanages and adoption agencies in London, never managing to settle down nor get adopted. And with every move the bullying only got worse, tormented by those older then him Charles spent a large amount of his youth fighting the bullies. As he got older himself he kept the bullies at bay, and thanks to his experience as a kid he would try and protect those younger then him, engraining in him a sense of justice and purpose. To protect others.

Soon enough Charles became 18, and with the recommendation of recruiter he joined the Metropolitan Police Service, in which he underwent training and became an officer of the law. However as much as he enjoyed his position, delighted by the fact he could now protect the people he cared for in the city, he could not ignore
the ever-growing number of cases that would go unsolved, as no detective would take them. So he set this as his goal, to become a detective!

It took Charles a few years of dutiful work and diligence but he earned his promotion finally able to ensure that everyone got a fair chance at getting justice, no matter how long it may take.

The Church​

After a while of solving cases Charles would begin to notice certain details in cases from one area. In [REDACTED] there were reports of a "machine cult" as one whistle blower called it, with this information he was able to link a series of unsolved crimes to it., ranging from theft to kidnapping. However his superiors refused to take this "cult" seriously, writing it off as a series of unfortunate events and the ravings of a drunkard. But Charles was not satisfied.

So one night Charles went to investigate himself, bringing with him a pistol, finding the Chapel that he was informed about through his work. Upon approaching the building he could hear screams from within. So Charles being Charles, protector of the people, charged into the building, pistol drawn. He spotted a tied up girl being mutilated in the centre of the Chapel, surrounded by men that looked half machine. Recalling the reports and knowing full well what the cultists do he open fired upon them, managing to kill 2 of the 3. Then a loud shot rang out as the third cultist fell to the floor. Standing behind Charles was MTF Pi-1.

Recruitment and foundation life​

Following his capture by MTF Pi-1 his case files were seized and classified by the foundation. As it would turn out the foundation was following Charles work to locate this sect of "The Church of the Broken God", however Charles had beaten them to the punch with eliminating them. This caused some debate within the Foundation staff, Charles could become a useful staff member with the skills he demonstrated... With much debate between branches at the SCP foundation they offered Charles a position in the foundation. Charles accepted this position, knowing there was groups at large like the Church, he saw the foundation as a way to fight against them, and protect even more people.

Charles was transferred to Site-65 shortly after joining, however why or who authorised this is unknown. However Charles was obligated to follow orders. Upon arrival he noted a sense of lawlessness in certain areas of the site, which drew his attention to IA. A police force within the foundation, he knew this is where he belonged.

Life in Internal Affairs

Since joining Internal Affairs and being promoted to Ambassador Charles took great pleasure in ensuring law and order was brought to the site, working with his fellow to make arrests and advise staff on the legality of their actions. He certainly enjoyed training new agents, new hands of the law even, however as time went on he started to find some of the current procedures and training inadequate, staff wouldn't always trust agents. Charles took it upon himself to look into this matter, going across site observing Agent behaviours and interactions.

What were his findings? While he did find some exceptional Agents, he also watched some rather poor agents. These agents didn't seem to know the polices or procedures, making site staff untrusting of IA as a whole.. Even in his current position there was only so much could do to change this state of affairs, however when a director seat opened up Charles saw this as his chance to affect IA as a whole, and remedy these agents.

>One of the main lore aspects of my character is in regards to being a reformer, wishing to make changes and make it the best it can be. IA will shine.

'Blue'

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Kuwait

-Support

No interactions

Never been in a MTF and only has 1 CL4 experience

• Haha
Reactions: John Dear

Remmy

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
+Support
I recall an incredibly positive interaction with you, in which you gave me some great advice for the internal affairs role, as well as a template you gave me for logging arrests. I can see you being a great DIA, you are a calm, collected and mature person.

I have also seen you advise and direct other IA Agents, during which you displayed great leadership skills.
Best of luck, Charles :giggle:

Coolioo

top bloke
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
bossman lane
+support despite not having an overwhelming amount of time as an IAA you have been one of the most active and engaging IA members. You actually understand & enjoy the department whilst spending your time on site meaningfully. I've also seen you with new IA agents helping them and whatnot, which is a huge plus.

I believe that you're qualified for the position and would be great for the role. Best of luck.

Auburn

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
+Support!
After talking with you at length in DMs and Reading through your application and proposed Ideas, it is evidently clear to me that you would make an Excellent fit for Director of Internal Affairs.
Your activity, demeanour, professionalism, and devotion to the Department make you the best fit for the role in these trying times.

McMuffin

Donator
Mar 3, 2023
I will give you +support for the following reasons
+IA Ambassador Experience
+One of top 5 best ambassadors
+Only good interactions
+Good application

I wish you best of luck on your verdict,
Bacon

Executive Researcher (Holding)
096 Whitelist
Both agents
Nu-7 PVT

Nu-7 SPEC, E-11 PVT (Held)

Critical

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Event Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jun 6, 2022

6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of Ethics Committee.

Hello, Charles Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation. After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to be elevated to the next stage. We will be in contact shortly.
Good luck. Secure. Contain. Protect.
CONFIDENTIAL This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

Status
Not open for further replies.