Accepted Chat box Toggle [OOC] [Closed]

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay "Corvid"

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Jun 5, 2024
Challenge: What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
[Response: This is a fairly simple to ask change, but I do believe its easy to say but hard to impliment in the code. I would add the ability to Toggle off /OOC chat to enhance RP experiences. If you wanted to contact someone In character, Comms are more than enough. and to contact an individual, /pm or !p also just work.]

Challenge: Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

[Response: I believe the staff setup a poll asking for the complete removal, and also one for strict usage of /ooc. But publically I haven't seen a request for it on the forums. I have seen people talk about removal of OOC ingame, and in discord but removal obviously isn't a solution. This suggestion allows those who purely wish to focus on character interactions/chat to not be blotted out by out of character stuff (that isnt /looc).

Challenge: Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2)
[Response: Positives can include,
A. Easier, simpler and less cluttered viewing of in character knowledge and users of the Chatbox IC..
B. More immersion, it removes all non character knowledge, but can be turned on after you're not in an RP Scenario..
C. If people miss questions / acts. its really easy to scroll through maybe 1-2 messages, than 4 ooc paragraphs..
D. It doesn't effect the current setup of OOC. Changing it to a toggle does not remove any of the work done and people complaining of its removal, by simply adding the option to remove it personally allows people to customise their experience and enhance character interaction.]

Challenge: Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
[Response: Of couse, People may miss information about trainings, may miss calls to action or flags on. But that is the risk of disabling it during RP. Actively turning it off and on (Maybe on a bind) would not effect the flow of RP and Site very negativly at all I believe. The biggest negative is how plausable this is for the development team. I can see how removing an entire command line per person clientside may be a bitch to create. But if there is a simple execution this suggestion won't go to waste.]

Challenge: Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
[Response: Again. This is all based on the idea that its fairly easy to implement, and is something that is not 100% necassary to the game. I can understand if this gets declined but if its simple to implement, and if no one can find any major downsides I'm missing, than I have no reason to believe it shouldn't be accepted.]

[Do not Reply. This Suggestion has already been accepted. and is on the devlog since January.]

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2023
i already suggested it

already got accepted

Reactions: Jay "Corvid"

Jay "Corvid"

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Jun 5, 2024
i already suggested it

already got accepted

Huh i missed it, i thought going like a solid 6ish months of pages back looking for this and couldnt find one. I suppose this is more of a reminder suggestion that its accepted then. i will edit the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.