Accepted Chem Effects SWEP

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023

What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

A SWEP similar to the GMTP Click-To-TP SWEP, that can give any VCraft chem effect to people - Similar controls to the Click-To-TP SWEP, left click to apply to target, right click to select effect and reload to apply to self. The primary intention is to use this for events - For moderation purposes, it may require logging of who did what with it, etc, similar to the existing chem effects commands.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

Highly doubt it, although this is pretty much another (and in my opinion, superior) avenue of accomplishing what the existing chem effect commands do - However it's my understanding that they are not currently working as intended? Plus, this method would be a lot better and more flexible to use for events, as I outline later.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

• Framework for GMs to have a diegetic and immersive way to apply certain chem effects - For example, could be combined with PAC animations to make it look like a form of reality bending or some kind of SCP effect. This could contribute to higher quality events, as a result.

• Quicker and easier way for GMs to apply chem effects as and where needed for events - Could replace the existing chem effects commands, as it currently doesn't seem to work anyway?

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

• Dev time - I know VCraft is a core addon, but I don't think this would have to be part of VCraft? This could be made as (or as part of) another addon that just calls the relevant VCraft hooks for applying effects, as (unless I am hilariously wrong) nothing really needs to be changed about or added to VCraft to facilitate this.

• Abuse - This is intended for GM use in events, but that doesn't make it immune to misuse. As they are GMs (even TGM) get a lot of powers, which they are trusted to use for their events. For this reason, I understand if there is hesitancy to implement this.

• Underutilisation - It may not be used enough to warrant the effort of creating it.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

Pretty self-explanatory. Make a SWEP that we can apply chem effects to people with for events, let GMs spawn it in for their use. I don't need to elaborate much more.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
1712265231210.png
+Support
-I didnt even know SWEP stood for Scripted Weapon!

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Support
-I didnt even know SWEP stood for Scripted Weapon!
-Support
would have been better if chatGPT pulled another KeyHub and said it stood for something like Serpentine Warlock's Ethical Practices

• Haha
Reactions: Niox

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
+Support
New gm objectives have been great so far more the merrier

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
my brother i write all of these manually, have you seen any of my other suggestions

unless you mean niox's reply in which case... my guy, it is a literal chatgpt screenshot
maybe limit it so SGM can give it to GM or TGM for events so misuse of it will be less likely
honestly, even TGMs get way stronger things than this, this isn't really much compared

ofc that in itself isn't justification for adding more things, but it's representative of the trust given even at the TGM level, but so far from my perspective, it seems to be fine.

• Haha
Reactions: Niox

Pirate McPirate

Feb 22, 2024
my brother i write all of these manually, have you seen any of my other suggestions

unless you mean niox's reply in which case... my guy, it is a literal chatgpt screenshot

honestly, even TGMs get way stronger things than this, this isn't really much compared

ofc that in itself isn't justification for adding more things, but it's representative of the trust given even at the TGM level, but so far from my perspective, it seems to be fine.
NOOOOO I MEANT WHAT NIOX SAID
its a chat GPT page T^T so the ats the joke

Status
Not open for further replies.