Denied CI Being allowed to Nuke

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinklesprinkle

May 11, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This rule would make it so during an authorised nuke room raid CI should be permitted to activate the nuke as currently every attempted nuke room raid where ci have captured the room always gets foiled by MTF not caring about the sites security and storming in regardless of the threat that ci holding a nuke room should hold. I also feel this is the case because MTF's know that ci cannot press the nuke so there is no motivation for them to follow negotiations or attempt to RP with ci at the time of the nuke raids.

I feel the Job of the MTF's are to protect the site rather than putting the site in danger due to people taking advantage of OOC rulings to influence RP.

After-Post Edition: Please give feedback on the suggestion instead of just -supporting as there's no way to for staff or myself to know why this suggestion is not liked, thank you

Full nuke authorisation should only be permitted by senior admin+ with valid reasons and should follow a major cooldown scale but Admins should be still allowed to non-full authorisation to just raid the room alone (as it is now)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Would encourage RP between Foundation & CI as right now the only motivations are to just storm in and kill regardless of consequences
- People might actually start RP'ing more with ci instead of all interactions being warfare and KOSing eachother regardless of most scenarios
- Escalated scenarios could encourage GOC being brought in as a neutral party for negotiations.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Ci could pretend to have Authorisation but infect don't and cause major issues until picked up upon by staff.
- The nuke would fuck over the rest of the servers site Such as Testing, Lengthy medical procedures or GOC having captured SCP's.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I feel this should be accepted as currently All nuke room attempts that were semi successful on CI's side get shit on because Foundation does not and cannot seem to take CI Attempting to RP seriously. in a situation where the entire site is in danger and the only chance of it being de-escalation is by discussing it instead of ignoring all threats of the scenario because of rules and heading in just to get that cheap & easy XP as they take advantage over current rulings instead of taking the time to have an event level RP scenario that would lead to further interactions or In character advantages for CI.

This would force foundation to take a step back instead of just ignoring the Fear a nuke being taken control of should present.

Last edited:

Glovano

Aug 19, 2022
+Support
CI needs something like this, it allows to show MTF how dangerous it can be to try and rush nuke room whilst CI are there. The RP gets ruined as MTF knows OOC that we CI can't activate the nuke and there is no way of hacking the actual nuke, MTF rush into the nuke room without knowing the consequences when the whole site is in danger which it ruins the raid and RP which could have lead into fun and good negotiations.

The raids have to be carefully planned and are needed for SL+ approval which it rarely happens and from this we will be on a cooldown, it's the same as raiding 008 and breaching it but without SLs approval but we can only breach it a day. These kind of raids have a low chance of success and it wastes a lot of resources and money into the preparations of them (We have wasted like £400k, NHU and other drugs into doing one of the raids). These type raids can be easily countered by MTF doing a firing lines in choke points and planned their tactics to stopping such raid.

Alpa

Jun 23, 2022
-support
I would be more inclined to support this if nuke room/floor 3 was significantly harder to get to, floor 3 is incredibly easy to access for CI due to it being by itself in EZ, if they make it to floor 2 without being called out, or reinforcements not arriving yet they basically have free access to floor 3.

Reiner Zufall

Aug 1, 2022
-Support
The possibility that mingey people would hop on as CI and fail raid/hack and activate the nuke while there is no ISD guarding it is too high during early or late hours. Due to previous experience, CI would raid the nuke room while there is only few A-1 online which would constantly lead to unnecessary issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skittles

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
Due to previous experience, CI would raid the nuke room while there isn´t enough A-1 online which would constantly lead to unnecessary issues.
CI already do this with 008 and E-11. Reiner is correct, they absolutely would do this with the nuke too.

Last edited:

Reiner Zufall

Aug 1, 2022
lies remmeber it needs a approval are you willfully ignoring the post?
what prevents a mingy guy to failraid the nuke room by himself and launch it during early or late hours if there is no staff online?

Last edited:

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
what prevents a mingy guy to fail to raid the nuke room by himself during early or late hours if there is no staff online?
You know CI can do that right now if they so please?

you know previous CI command not thomas eichorst one but michael walker when he was commander was Michael was demoted from com for detonating the nuke when he shouldnt same would happen here the Ci that does it recieves a ban and a demotion from CI

also if no one is on the servers than that means only 1 2 or 3 people are the only people affected leaving no negative impact

Insurgent oreo

Sep 29, 2022
+ Support
I like the idea of it as it will make more sense in RP
However, I agree that mingy deep covers/Operatives will fail raid just to do it which will of course lead to a ban + blacklist from CI
I don't see how it makes no sense to give it a " - Support " without a reason if you possibly could give a reason for the - support SL will look into the suggestion read everything and add it without the stuff that makes it way 2 OP the nuke will be a lot of power of course however it will require SL approval every time as we rarely do nuke raids and take the money/D-class and exfill repeating the same thing over and over gets boring however us being able to activate the nuke will add more RP for everyone

In a funny point, I don't see how it would be unfair due to SL authing Nuke raids only when the server is full of people and most of them will be helping defeat the raid

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
how about you shut it for once? the only thing you do here is complain. we leave our opinion here. we are not asking for a response from you. ty
well to bad when you make a suggestion you leave your opinion that is what im doing im entitled to an opinion just as much as you

Holland

Donator
Aug 27, 2022
let me way on here if you are -supporting cause you dont want to actually have to negetiate that means you shouldnt be playing an RP server

if you think senior admins are gonna just approve these on a wim no they will not

as a ci it usually took my days to get perms from a normal SL to hostage on the nuke room if a senior admin is abusing and authorizing it to much they shouldnt be SL and will be removed
How can you + support when you have an in-game ban? you are here not to RP but to annoy people one of the reasons your appeals are not accepted! so shut it. hereby is my last comment. sorry for any disruption within this thread.

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Gonna ask you gents to keep it civil and respectiful in here otherwise I will start handing out punishments

Reactions: Holland

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
How can you + support when you have an in-game ban? you are here not to RP but to annoy people one of the reasons your appeals are not accepted! so shut it. hereby is my last comment. sorry for any disruption within this thread.
wdym how can i +support when im banned ingame im giving my opinion on something in the server no need to get toxic

Status
Not open for further replies.