Denied CI/UNGOC marksman drones

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trek

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 16, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
  • Gives CI Marksman job [swep_drone_controller]
  • Gives CI Marksman job ability to purchase drones
  • Change Rule 3.1(a) CI Raiding to include drones starting MR cooldown:
    3.1(a) CI Raiding - CI can raid the facility or UNGOC base when authorized by a CO, once every 45 minutes. A raid starts once CI breaches the fenced off area on both bases or through the foundation vents. Or if a drone is flown into the respective GOI's compound. Only 8 CI may enter the vents on the foundation base. Once personnel raiding the base die they cannot return. A raid ends when all CI are dead; timers begin counting down once a raid has ended.
  1. Gives UNGOC Marksman job [swep_drone_controller]
  2. Gives UNGOC Marksman job ability to purchase drones
  3. Change Rule 3.3(a) GOC Foundation Raiding to when a raid is started:
    3.3(a) GOC Foundation Raiding - The UNGOC may not raid the Foundation base unless approved by a UNGOC LT+ with justified reasoning, except that Assessment Team operatives may enter for espionage once every 45 minutes; with normal raids being one hour. A raid starts once UNGOC breaches the fenced off area on both bases or through the foundation vents. Or if a drone is flown into the Foundation's compound. Without permission to enter by Foundation personal.
  4. Change 3.3(b) GOC CI Raiding to include when a raid is started:
    3.3(b) GOC CI Raiding - The UNGOC may not raid the Chaos Insurgency unless approved by a UNGOC LT+ to retrieve an SCP, or classified documents belonging to the Foundation or GOC, except that Assessment Team Operatives may enter for espionage once every 45 minutes with approval from a UNGOC LT+. A raid starts once UNGOC personal, or drone, breaches the garage area of CI's base. Or when hacking of the garage door is started. Without permission by Chaos insurgency personal.
  • Change 3.2(a) Foundation Raiding to include drones:
    3.2(a) Foundation Raiding - Foundation MTF personnel can raid the CI and UNGOC Base when authorised by a MTF Major+, External Affairs Agency Manager+, or Site Administration e.g (O5, Ethics, Site Director/Advisor). They may raid once every 30 minutes. A raid starts once foundation personnel have started hacking the entrance of the CI or UNGOC base, have breached CI or UNGOC base without respective factions permission or fly a drone into CI or UNGOC base. Once personnel raiding the base die, they cannot return. A raid ends when all MTF personnel are dead; timers begin counting down once a raid has ended. Valid reasons for raiding include: A facility SCP is captured by CI. CI has kidnapped a foundation member. Retrieving Stolen Documents.

GOI Drone Boundaries, that would start raid cooldown

Noting. That drones shouldn't come under the rules for base camping. As it would then become inpractical to perform reconnaissance. This does add that Foundation wouldn't (Which they currently can with out repercussions) be able to fly drones into other GOI bases, without starting a raid cooldown.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
This isn't a suggestion for a new job, and would require less dev work. It also doesn't undermine the Jammer suggestion. Because that still adds a counter play, to other factions having drones out.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  1. New equipment for CI & UNGOC players to use (License training & reconnaissance)
  2. Gives Nu-7 & DEA more to do on surface (Defending/counter play training)
Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  1. Cause more lag. Idk how much
  2. Would change the balance of surface combat. As Foundation would have to encounter drones on surface.
  3. Could cause confusion with crossfire between GOIs. Unable to identify what GOI random drones belong to.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Personally I don't believe this will be a game breaking change to the server.
It wouldn't require much dev time. As it's already coded to the DEA Jobs: (Equalling 14 possible Foundation drones on surface)
5x Senior Agents, 4x Special Agents, 4x Agency managers, 1x Director of External Affairs

Yes. UNGOC & CI will be able to perform more recon on surface. But it's not unbalanced. "X" GOI can still ask "X" GOI in comms if they have any drones on surface. And then destory "X" GOI's drones, without hassel.

Yes. Surface will be more populated with drones. I don't image by much, until the rare ocasion. Where we see some funny highlights clips of flying drones everywhere. Even then it's limited to 2 CI drones and 2 UNGOC drones max, beacuse of job limits.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Major Support
also gives more justification for drones being a thing on the server, since they're literally only a thing for like one job, in one department (which admittedly doesn't have that many restrictions to be in unlike say, an MTF), in one faction.

i like the idea of expanding on raids and what can be used during raids in general. makes it more than just gunplay and group tactics, which i think for a lot of people gets stale after a while. this would be an interesting and refreshing addition to the respective gameplay loops.

Stealth

Blacklisted Player
Dec 4, 2022
- Support

Something you need to keep in mind that DEA is the combined force of B-1 and Intel. Ci already have very good loadouts with a heavy advantage against Nu-7 and DEA in terms of weapons. Drones allow DEA to hold a slight advantage if played will which rarely occurs.

Biscuits

Jan 2, 2023
-Support
CI and GOC have good loadouts and better respawns etc than F. Drones would make it super unfair for F.

Geronimo

Jan 29, 2023
United Kingdom
- Support
Reasons stated above, unique tool to the arsenal of Foundation, CI have other buffs like a Type Blue and juggernaut, GOC has things like war funds (airstrikes, bombs), thaum, orange suit.

Aura

Game Master
Game Master
Aug 12, 2023
- Support
Join DEA, it's like a key feature.
I don't think things should only be given to one GOI since that feels like gate keeping

But besides the few problems of making this fair, +SUPPORT, However I feel like CI does not need this but since the GOC is very rarely in war they could use it

Biscuits

Jan 2, 2023
I don't think things should only be given to one GOI since that feels like gate keeping

But besides the few problems of making this fair, +SUPPORT, However I feel like CI does not need this but since the GOC is very rarely in war they could use it
Give F combative TBs and jugs then ong

Ace 63

Nov 21, 2023
+\- didn’t even know drones existed but I think GOI raids and stuff are fine as they are a CI raid won’t really mean much anyways it might just be an hour RP or something ?

Guinea

Jun 24, 2022

Sure! Let's not gatekeep, can Foundation MTFs get a Jug and TB? How about air use (a10, smokes) and an orange suit?

• Wow
Reactions: Emilia Foddg

Dr Random K.

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 8, 2023
Site 54
Sure! Let's not gatekeep, can Foundation MTFs get a Jug and TB? How about air use (a10, smokes) and an orange suit?
Sticking to the American Spirit, DEA Jugg will be a Special Agent juiced up on a family sized McDonalds meal to give him jugg bodymass

-support it’s a unique DEA thing, and even then, special agents (kind of the marksmen equivalent) dont get drones and a sniper rifle at the same time either, so it’d have to be a different job than marksman

"Arachnid"

Dec 5, 2022

Warfunds are gatekept by GOC, i dont think they need anything else (They also have the best combat jobs on the entire server)

Joris "Brexit" Bohnson

Sep 10, 2023
Honestly there's no real reason to support this. Multiple different suggestions have been denied with the sole reason being that loadout reworks are in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.