Accepted Clipboard Rework and Added Features

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoffeeInducedPsychosis

Feb 16, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
[Clipboard features added:
1. Fonts (Helvetica, Computer Modern, Times New Roman, etc...)
2. Emphasis (Bold-Face),(Italics),(Underline), etc),
3. Lists (Like this one)
4. Tables (Example below, toggle to be boxed on all sides as well?)
Screenshot 2024-02-22 000005.png(Note: Doesn't have to match the exact formatting, an addition of a simple table insert function is fine)

5. Indentation ~ Alignment Wrapping (There is no indentation function for using tab, adding a center, left and right align would be useful)
6. Wrap around fix for clipboard (Currently if you try to space on a new line with text, It will jump to a new line, ties in with 5th suggestion)
7. Font Size (Currently you can only change font size by inserts, and those are fixed sizes)
8. Font Colours ~ Highlighting (Possibly helps with reviewing significant points of data)
9. Image Rotation + Custom Placement (You can only edit the size and the horizontal shift of the picture. Add a veritcal shift and make it so the image doesn't shift the text.) {This falls under suggestion 6. and 5. respectively}]

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
[N/A]

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

[1. Neater Formatting for documents as well as more features for Researchers and Medical staff alike.
2. Removes the wrap around bug
3. Brings more creativity to the document write up
4. For suggestion 8, it may be helpful if one wants to review a document and distinguish their writing from the original authors, this includes highlighting as well. (This may tie into a different suggestion with editing printed documents // highlighting permission for it. (This would be a toggle feature for it, but it isn't the main point for this suggestion thread) ]

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
[Rewriting of document outlining and guidelines with the restrictions of usage in the grading criteria of research documents. (Not certain if this is applicable for this suggestion but, most certainly will be brought up if this suggestion is passed.)

Limitations with how many fonts would be added // non-standardized fonts. ( I would do a poll on this to figure out which ones to add if plausible)

Image outline // example draft of what it would look like integrated with the existing system.]

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
[Overall these suggestions provide a brevity for creative expression in document write-ups, in as much that there can be more of a nuance with how documents can be formatted and presented. For the 5~6th suggestion, People currently in Medical and Research wings respectively are currently aware of this bug and restricts our document layout ~ format for writing well formed documents.]

I hope these suggestions are possible to implement in due time, any further discussion regarding it in the comments is heavily appreciated.
If the content team needs a more descriptive and exact image of what these features would look like, please let me know. (It's mostly just Word // Google Docs features)
Thank, you for reading my suggestion and have a great day!

Last edited:

KaptianCore

Developer
Developer
Programming Team
Jul 1, 2022
Australia
The issue with tables is it would look terrible on any document other than a presentation due to the size of documents. Same with much indentation. The best way to do it is just to do it outside the server them insert the table as an image so it scales nicely but it wasn't a pain to enter the data.

(My opinion not reflective on the content or dev team)

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
seems like a lot of work, but very nice and visually pleasing
also mixes up documents a bit more
+Support

ToasterStrudels

Dec 18, 2023
If we could keep it the same and just have this as an option I'd be down but I really like the system now and I have it down pretty well.

CoffeeInducedPsychosis

Feb 16, 2024
The issue with tables is it would look terrible on any document other than a presentation due to the size of documents. Same with much indentation. The best way to do it is just to do it outside the server them insert the table as an image so it scales nicely but it wasn't a pain to enter the data.

(My opinion not reflective on the content or dev team)
I gave it some thought on the tables and you're mostly correct on those points. However, indentation (At least tabs and correct wrapping) would be as far as that would be limited to. The main point for tables though would be more of an easier format to utilize than either importing pngs // writing the table yourself (Which currently isn't possible due to the wrapping issue). Although, you do make fair enough points, and I more or less agree with that sentiment with how it possibly may end up. You never know if it can be improved upon and it never hurts to see if it works in a test run.

Thank you for your feedback!

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
+Support
Honestly just replace vclipboards or whatever it's called with a Google Docs/PDF viewer thing. Easier than implementing an entire document viewer/editor from scratch and much more feature complete.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
honestly... i would not be surprised if there was a planned rework or replacement of the vcomputers system. there's just a lot of issues with it as is right now.
+Overwhelming Support

CoffeeInducedPsychosis

Feb 16, 2024
hell will freeze over before i ever touch latex
The type setting though :love::love:

\documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{article}
\usepackage{times}
\linespread{1.25}
\title{\vspace{-2.0cm}Cry about it}
\author{milk}
\begin {document}
\maketitle