Denied Combat Medic Spawn

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
When raiding foundation as Ungoc/CI, they can just be killed and 10 seconds late they are in combat. They always NLR to get back as fast as possible, sometimes even just suicide running into CI/Ungoc trying to kill as much as they can. It's almost impossible to break through LCZ when there are 6/6 Combat Medics since there would always be around 4 Combat Medics shooting you. I think combat medics spawn should be moved into the old Containment Personel (Since there is currently nothing in there) or just into Gensec's spawn.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I don't think it hasn't been recommended before but i could be wrong.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Makes it so Combat Medics dont do as much harm to UNGOC/CI so they have a chance to do harm to foundation (D-block, HCZ).
Stops common NLR that happends thoughout the foundationation.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Combat medic not being in medbay but it is a 'combat' medic so it could fit well inside of SS.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Overall, The positives i could find in this change outweigh the negatives and having to deal with MTF Garage spawning and than a massive blockade at F2 and then finally combat medics NLR'ing to run straight back into combat within 10 seconds.

Last edited:

Cosmic

Apr 25, 2022
Could a rule not be introduced which is similarly to the CI one? Cant leave bunks (spawn room) for 60 seconds?
+ support tho

KingOfCommon

Oct 21, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
When raiding foundation as Ungoc/CI, they can just be killed and 10 seconds late they are in combat. They always NLR to get back as fast as possible, sometimes even just suicide running into CI/Ungoc trying to kill as much as they can. It's almost impossible to break through medbay when there are 6/6 Combat Medics since there would always be around 4 Combat Medics shooting you. I think combat medics spawn should be moved into the old Containment Personel (Since there is currently nothing in there) or just into Gensec's spawn.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I don't think it hasn't been recommended before but i could be wrong.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Makes it so Combat Medics dont do as much harm to UNGOC/CI so they have a chance to do harm to foundation (D-block, HCZ).
Stops common NLR that happends thoughout the foundationation.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Combat medic not being in medbay but it is a 'combat' medic so it could fit well inside of SS.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Overall, The positives i could find in this change outweigh the negatives and having to deal with MTF Garage spawning and than a massive blockade at F2 and then finally combat medics NLR'ing to run straight back into combat within 10 seconds.
+ support

Zen

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Sep 16, 2023
+/- Support
Might be worth considering a raid rule like was also suggested, rather than outright moving their spawns. They're doctors so they should probably spawn with the other medical staff.

Honestly, I feel like combat medics should be outright replaced with regiments and GSD having individual medic roles. Their role description states that they are there to support GSD and MTFs all over site, but with how they are set up, they rarely leave medbay/D-block and basically never actively support MTFs. If they were replaced by 2 GSD medics and e.g. 1 per regiment that doesn't have one, it would allow their intended role to actually be fulfilled. Doing that would also mean that they would be split up into separate spawns and would solve this issue, too.

Reactions: ToasterBathBomb3043

"Onion"

Nov 20, 2022
in your walls
-Support

This is a problem with respawn time not location. There's the meat grinder of pw loop where raiders will have to fight off infinite waves of MTF, gensec, and CMs unless they meet no resistance, can move fast, or get a lucky vent drop. All of which aren't very likely. A better way to do this would be to increase respawn timers for GOI kills so this doesn't happen. Nu7 already has a stupidly long timer in general. I think it should just be a flat 45 seconds or something for any combative killed by a GOI but I think this was already suggested and denied even though it makes way more sense.

Ozz

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 13, 2022
+Support
-Its aids to keep fighting the same combat medic you killed 50 times just because he has the best spawn.

-Constent NLR, running into CI raids and D-Block seconds after they die (and it's a big issue to D-Class too).
-Unrealistic and game-breaking loop of PvP (even if u are the best player u will die because slowly but surely they will chop ur HP off and kill u).

@“Painter” @Pyro @Gary the Worm
you 3 have no argument and basically saying "that you suck" (Which sounds like you do not want the spawn to change for your own benefit) here is Us in a CI raid killing the same guy over and over (he is not the only one just an example we had 3 CMs on) and Please next time you respond to a suggestion have a valid point and don't insult the player skill or just do comment.

@Jack Frost
Why not raid Medbay and hold it? why is it special to other areas that you can hold? (SA offices / SD office / ethics offices / do I have to continue? ).

Note: I was going on here to suggest the same thing before I saw this post.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2023
+Support
-Its aids to keep fighting the same combat medic you killed 50 times just because he has the best spawn.

-Constent NLR, running into CI raids and D-Block seconds after they die (and it's a big issue to D-Class too).
-Unrealistic and game-breaking loop of PvP (even if u are the best player u will die because slowly but surely they will chop ur HP off and kill u).

@“Painter” @Pyro @Gary the Worm
you 3 have no argument and basically saying come and that you suck (Which sounds like you do not want it to change for your own benefit) here is Us in a CI raid killing the same guy over and over (he is not the only one just an example we had 3 CMs on) and Please next time you respond to a suggestion have a valid point and don't insult the player skill or just do comment.

@Jack Frost
Why not raid Medbay and hold it? why is it special to other areas that you can hold? (SA offices / SD office / ethics offices / do I have to continue? ).

Note: I was going on here to suggest the same thing before I saw this post.
this is coming from a guy who types like a toddler, i could barely understand your response

Ozz

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 13, 2022
this is coming from a guy who types like a toddler, i could barely understand your response
First, I might not have the best grammar but my response is clearly understandable (not everyone has English as their first language)
Second, Idk why trying to insult me, to be honest you just showed everyone u are a dickhead and u know u lost the argument when u had to dig into my grammar to find something to respond with

• Haha
Reactions: Noah wilams
Status
Not open for further replies.