Concerns with SCPs Gameplay - Breach Cooldown and GENSEC Response

"Liquid" Karl

Jul 26, 2023
I wanted to share my thoughts on playing as SCPs in the game. Specifically, I paid $30 for Type Green, but unfortunately, I find it almost impossible to enjoy playing as them due to certain issues.

The main problem is the lengthy breach cooldown. As it stands, I can only breach three times a day, sometimes even less, due to my work and school commitments. The current 5-hour cooldown period means that if I miss a breach or if the server resets, I have to wait another 5 hours before attempting it again. This has led to me sitting in the same cell for well over 12 hours straight, which is not very enjoyable.

Additionally, the response from GENSEC is quite overwhelming. As soon as a breach happens, the loud alarm goes off, and all 20 GENSEC members seem to be immediately alerted and ready to rush the SCP. This quick and intense response results in breaches often lasting a mere 2 minutes before being taken down by the GENSEC.

To improve the gameplay experience for SCPs, I would like to suggest two changes. Firstly, I believe it would greatly benefit the game to have a shorter breach cooldown time, allowing players to have more opportunities to play as SCPs and enjoy that gameplay aspect without being limited too much by the cooldown.

Secondly, it would be more immersive and balanced if the GENSEC response to breaches was not as immediate and intense. Perhaps waiting for a minute or two before sounding the alarm and sending in the full force of GENSEC would allow SCP players to have a fighting chance and make the gameplay more engaging and strategic.

I hope the admin can consider these suggestions to enhance the gameplay experience for those playing as SCPs. Thank you for taking the time to read my concerns.

TLDR: Please consider making the breach cooldown shorter and delaying the loud GENSEC alarm and response to breaches to improve the gameplay for SCPs.

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Moving this to General Discussion to allow others players input.

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Also, in regards to breach timers being so long as they are right now, this is because the server used to have half of the timer that it is right now, which meant there was constant breaches on the server approximately every ~20 minutes. Because of these constant breaches, any potential RP or events had to be stopped, which can be quite damaging for the server.

"Liquid" Karl

Jul 26, 2023
Also, in regards to breach timers being so long as they are right now, this is because the server used to have half of the timer that it is right now, which meant there was constant breaches on the server approximately every ~20 minutes. Because of these constant breaches, any potential RP or events had to be stopped, which can be quite damaging for the server.
I get it but like being an scp and having fun is not a thing as of right now but I understand

Biscuits

Jan 2, 2023
I mean, you get to MRDM but you need to wait a while, if you have a problem with a lack of gameplay then it's more of a research department issue imo, they do most of their RP with SCPs.

Reactions: "Liquid" Karl

Broda

Game Master
Game Master
Mar 20, 2022
By having breaches delayed, it has enabled the majority of the player base to roleplay outside of a deathmatch scenario. For Game Masters, it allows us to plan and conduct events without the interruption of a containment breach. I believe the intensity of the breach could be enhanced and/or the amount breached per breach could be bumped up maybe. But more frequent breaches? Will revert us back to the dark age of RP, and that would make a lot of players leave.

Cheddar

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Artist Team
Jan 1, 2022
The longer breach times are a necessary system as breaches happened way WAY too much, giving a lot of non-combat jobs bugger-all to do other than sit and wait.
The original fix for this IIRC was to allow researchers to do testing during said breaches and other codes, though 9/10 times the researcher would get their shit rocked by a pre-nerf 076-II running at Mach 5 with his one-shot sword, it was only really a few months ago when the breach timers were changed, and trust me, hackings on the containment boxes happen enough for the long-timers to be more of an ETB than something you fully have to sit through, don't get me wrong, sometimes no one hacks out SCPs and you do need to wait the full 2 hours, but it's just one of those things you gotta live with.

SIMI

Aug 28, 2022
Personally when I escape as D class and the server pop is above 60 i NEVER go to TG because E-11 get an instant notification, its a lvl 5 hack and its RIGHT OUTSIDE Their bunks. no scp's should be outside the E-11 spawn, that is broken and they'll never get hacked out

Glazzing

May 31, 2023
Des Moines, Iowa
By having breaches delayed, it has enabled the majority of the player base to roleplay outside of a deathmatch scenario. For Game Masters, it allows us to plan and conduct events without the interruption of a containment breach. I believe the intensity of the breach could be enhanced and/or the amount breached per breach could be bumped up maybe. But more frequent breaches? Will revert us back to the dark age of RP, and that would make a lot of players leave.
This also almost every time a breach only lasts a couple minutes, is due to SCP's not being in the TS. A coordinated breach almost always results in at least ERT called.

"Liquid" Karl

Jul 26, 2023
Personally when I escape as D class and the server pop is above 60 i NEVER go to TG because E-11 get an instant notification, its a lvl 5 hack and its RIGHT OUTSIDE Their bunks. no scp's should be outside the E-11 spawn, that is broken and they'll never get hacked out
exactly it's not even close to being easy we HAVE to breach