Denied D block intercom

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quandale Pringle

May 26, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Adds a intercom in guard tower that cl2/3 can use to makes announcements in d block, it would be similar to the current announcement system, and you will hear them as long as you are in d block

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
gensec could make announcements saying "Airlock is KOS" or "Shakedown is commencing be cooperative with security or be terminated "
Adds more flair or more immersivness.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
some people may abuse it

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
There's already a announcement system for the rest of the facility, I don't see why there shouldn't be one for d block.

Last edited:

"Peasant"

Aug 8, 2022
-Support
Although, this may cause less RDM, it will almost certainly increase mic spam and fail RP warnings due to cadets, chefs, tech experts etc using the intercom unprofessionally. Additionally, the only use of this intercom I can see is giving D-class a heads up that outside of the airlock is KOS which doesn’t happen too often. In my opinion, that is a relatively minor reason for this implement to be added and will just make IA and security captains job harder because now we’ll have to watch over the intercom. If D-class are confused as to why they are being shot at maybe they should just listen to security. An entire intercom system being implemented just because D-class are “confused” seems a bit silly.

Quandale Pringle

May 26, 2022
-Support
Although, this may cause less RDM, it will almost certainly increase mic spam and fail RP warnings due to cadets, chefs, tech experts etc using the intercom unprofessionally. Additionally, the only use of this intercom I can see is giving D-class a heads up that outside of the airlock is KOS which doesn’t happen too often. In my opinion, that is a relatively minor reason for this implement to be added and will just make IA and security captains job harder because now we’ll have to watch over the intercom. If D-class are confused as to why they are being shot at maybe they should just listen to security. An entire intercom system being implemented just because D-class are “confused” seems a bit silly.
"it would be similar to the current announcement system" Not talking through it but playing automated announcements.

"Peasant"

Aug 8, 2022
"it would be similar to the current announcement system" Not talking through it but playing automated announcements.
+Support
Ohhh sorry I misunderstood. Automated announcements inside of D-block would be a very cool addition and would add to the overall setting of SCP-RP. I like this suggestion.

Quandale Pringle

May 26, 2022
+Support
Ohhh sorry I misunderstood. Automated announcements inside of D-block would be a very cool addition and would add to the overall setting of SCP-RP. I like this suggestion.
Jesus christ having a voice intercom would be fucked. Theres a star wars rp server that has it and people blast music at 90 db

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Suggestion Denied
Hi @Quandale Pringle,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion because this feature could be easily abused by other players and therefore cause issues.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.