Accepted D-Class Escape Rule Addition and Reward Buff

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev. Doofster Runner

Jun 27, 2022
Australia
What does the suggestion change/add/remove?:

1. Add a rule stating D-Class CANNOT roam disguised around Foundation for 30+ minutes without attempting to escape the Site.

2. Improve the D-Class escape reward to make escaping as a D-Class worthwhile (Triple the XP reward potentially)

Possible Positives of the Suggestion?:

A) Stops the site after reset being non-functional for 1+ hours due to large numbers disguised D-Class killing any and all foundation they see.
B) Makes RP sense for D-Class to want to escape, while still giving them some time to seek revenge on those they deemed have wrong them.
C) D-Class normally have a CL2 card to get into 914, meaning it is believable that they can escape if they make it to 914 by upgrading the card (or stealing a new one).
D) Makes sense for a D-Class goal to be escape, not go one man army.

A) Makes escaping more ideal for D-Class
B) Current reward is not worth the effort and scrap for the amount rewarded.

Possible Negatives of the Suggestion?:
A) Hard to police the time from D-Class getting a disguise to when the 30 minute escape timer ends.

A) Nothing that comes to mind

Based on Positives and Negatives, why should this be accepted?:
This was a major issue back in December for the USA server, causing drops in playercounts, and with recently most server resets having this issue, it's been noticed that player counts have been slightly going on that track again with players wanting to wait a bit after reset because the Site is nothing but 1 Gensec Cadet and 6+ disguised D-Class roaming in hit squads, potentially even breaching SCPs.

I do understand the argument of "D-Class kill for revenge", why I'm suggesting 30 minutes, so that you have your time to sabotage, kill, and maybe steal some documents (your call), as some of these D-Class disguised hit squads can last an hour +.

The boost for the escape bonus seems just a natural fit for the issue, as currently it is pityful the reward. Tripling the XP reward would make D-Class escapes worth the scrap and time, because as of now, it is more of a joke than anything.

Allow D-Class to still cause their mayhem, but allow some control for it to avoid resets becoming a Foundation V D-Class TDM match.

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
-/+ neutral

This would be incredibly hard to enforce

Since a staff member would have to watch the d class wasting time

Rev. Doofster Runner

Jun 27, 2022
Australia
-/+ neutral

This would be incredibly hard to enforce

Since a staff member would have to watch the d class wasting time
It's more of a rough outline for a rule, as yes, it would be incredibly hard to enforce I understand.

Potentially could go off the first kill reported in the life?

Ogre

Oct 2, 2022
-Support
Although I do believe the escape reward is defintetly too low (for me with like a lot of xp boost and vip its 800 or some) I could do like 7 tests and go through less then half the trouble, but I feel the first part is not good for RP as the enjoyable part of disguising as foundation as d class is to roam and to act like your foundation as its funny in a way.

Remmy

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
1. Add a rule stating D-Class CANNOT roam disguised around Foundation for 30+ minutes without attempting to escape the Site.

2. Improve the D-Class escape reward to make escaping as a D-Class worthwhile (Triple the XP reward potentially)
-Support
Whilst these two points are linked, since increasing the reward for escaping would stop D-Class lingering in the foundation, I do heavily disagree with the idea of limiting what a D-Class can do once escaped. An escaped D-Class provides more for MTF and GENSEC to do, there is also a simple measure in place if this happens, which is calling a code 1 and checking IDs.

I do however agree with the idea of raising rewards for escaping. When playing as D-Class I rarely ever try to make it to the surface, because the rewards are incredibly minimal. Perhaps an overhaul of the D-Class rewards system would be a good idea. The quests are effectively useless and the system could be updated whilst increasing rewards for escaping.

Biscuits

Jan 2, 2023
-Neutral

This'd only really affect late-night D-Class disguised gameplay, where they just mindlessly RDM with no real RP intent.
It'd be much better to try enforce some amount of RP from disgusied D-Class instead of legal MRDM

Bohemia

Oct 23, 2022
+Support for the rewards (They're complete dog)
-Support for 30m restriction, thats the reward for actually managing to escape out of D-Block. Fun

Simon "Kitton" A.

Apr 16, 2022
Suggestion Partially Approved

Hi Doofster,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

We will be buffing the reward to d-class escaping.
However, the rule you suggested would hurt the D-Class playerbase too much.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

Reactions: Harold Hawks
Status
Not open for further replies.