Denied D-Class Escape Rule

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Recker"

Game Master
Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Make it so that when D-Class escape or disguise, they are required to have some sort of objective to advance themselves or their class such as:
- Breaching SCPs
- Escaping to Surface
- Freeing D-Class
- Messing with facility controls to disorient personnel

Anything else would fall under NITRP (No intention to roleplay). There have been several times where a D-class will successfully disguise and spend the next 2 hours repeatedly shooting up the place without trying to do anything further. Not even CI do that, really. If your goal is to really just walk around and shoot people like a breached SCP, you might as well just call it "Mass RDM RP".

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Will actually make D-class have a specific objective.
- Focus more on the RP elements of the server and not the shooty-shoot no-rp side of it.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- None other than some people failing at completing the above objectives.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Time and time again I and others have witnessed D-Class manage to disguise and make no reasonable effort to escape the facility, breach SCPs, or the likes. Instead, they just walk around and gun everyone they see down or wait for an opportunity to gun people down. While yes, they are death row inmates, there is no RP is basically just Mass RDMing people. It's why Mass RDM exists. It's why RDM exists. You must have a proper reason to kill people. Just you being a prisoner is not a valid or logical reason, by any means. However, in my opinion, if you were to be attempting to free other fellow D-Class and were stopped then yes by all means gun down the 20 people in D-block.

Sodaman

Apr 16, 2023
- support

Let’s make the D class gameplay even more boring. If i was a death row inmate, had a gun and knew i would end up dying there, shooting up all the personal is pretty reasonable. You gotta remember the crimes d class did on the outside why would they not do the same inside

"Recker"

Game Master
Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
- support

Let’s make the D class gameplay even more boring. If i was a death row inmate, had a gun and knew i would end up dying there, shooting up all the personal is pretty reasonable. You gotta remember the crimes d class did on the outside why would they not do the same inside

I'm not saying you're not allowed to shoot people. As the suggestion says, you'd just be expected to work towards an end goal. If your only idea of fun is mass shooting people with no RP reason then there's a problem imo.

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
-Support
-Gives d class even less to do
-Further confuses new players
-Would be no way to prove/enforce

-Death row inmates subject to horrors beyond comprehension then given a handgun, seems pretty reasonable rp wise to go on a killing spree against the people who are responsible
Sounds a bit like a rage post cant lie

Billy "Villager" Bob

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Nov 12, 2022
+/- support
I kinda do understand where other people come from but I have had many times that a disguised d class just sat somewhere just randomly killing everyone with the reason "Im trying to get your card" which first of all if you wanted a card that badly go search for one instead of hiding in a corner just waiting and killing ANYONE who passes by it.
I dont think there should be a rule to make it so they have an actual objective but at least make it so that they shouldnt just sit in a corner waiting for people to kill randomly.

Charles "Ze" Whittme

Apr 4, 2023
- support
There are rare occasions of disguised D-Class genuinely roleplaying (cough @Charles "Ze" Whittme). Regardless, I don't see how this can be enforced, as there's no way to prove they have intent of an end goal.
<3

And,
An escaped D-class's objective can be put bluntly as cause chaos. Be that via escaping, killing or breaching.
In no way should this be limited, and in no way can this been enforced.

I'll level with ya, I wish D-class RP'ed more, and understand why you want this rule. But limiting them through a impossible to enforce rule aint the way.

Reactions: Prplex

"Recker"

Game Master
Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
-support
Sounds like you got killed by a disguised d class and went to make this suggestion lmao
I won't lie after getting killed by the same people over and over within a 20 minute timeframe and them making no attempt to actually RP, yes. That is why I made the suggestion.

• Haha
Reactions: Prplex

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
...yeah, this carries a fundamental lack of understanding of how d-class operates. like i get why you want this, but unfortunately this is completely counter to what d-class should be
-Support

ToasterStrudels

Dec 18, 2023
-Support

One of my favorite things to do currently is to disguise and just act like a completely normal Foundation Staff member. I don't go on mass killings in secret or anything. I literally will just RP as whatever disguise I have and hang out. This would ruin it for me and I've had probably the most fun I've ever had just by doing this. I've ever gone as far and helped Nu7 and DEA kill C.I as a disguised Type Blue Nu7.

Glazzing

May 31, 2023
Des Moines, Iowa
-Support

One of my favorite things to do currently is to disguise and just act like a completely normal Foundation Staff member. I don't go on mass killings in secret or anything. I literally will just RP as whatever disguise I have and hang out. This would ruin it for me and I've had probably the most fun I've ever had just by doing this. I've ever gone as far and helped Nu7 and DEA kill C.I as a disguised Type Blue Nu7.
Even better get SA or SC disguise and auth a raid on a GoI just to be silly

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
-support:

join the server for the first time​
free my guy ?​
what's this keycard on the floor?​
leave my prison cell and find a fun room​
mess around with this clockwork machine​
get a cool suit and walk around this facility i know nothing about​
the wrath of god himself gags me and phases me into a wall​
teleported to a small room with the lord from heavens above floating in front of me​
"d-class must have a reason to escape"​
teleported back to spawn​
???​

(they're death row inmates whose only purpose is to be used as disposable test subjects on deadly objects, what more reason do they need to escape)

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
-Support

Hell no. People act like it's easy to excape as D-Class but that's only the case when other jobs are slacking. Honestly I JUST caught your ass camping 914 during a breach of 4 scps. So if you could do it then, why not do it more other times?

• Haha
Reactions: "Recker"
Status
Not open for further replies.