Accepted D-Class Quest giver complete rework

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Jan 8, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion will remove the current Quest giver in Dblock and replace it with a dynamic quest system that encourages D-Class to actually explore and attempt to escape with rewards that are actually worth attempting to obtain.
The idea of this is to implement quest givers in specific locations on the map for dclass to find and talk to. These quest givers will reward the dclass with various items ranging from weapons to keycards. The current idea of the quest giver is quite redundant and irrelevant as an escaped convict won't leave dblock for a document for him to return to get a meager xp reward. In turn this promotes a more streamlined behavior as there is no alternative, essentially repeating the same actions on dclass over and over as there are no other options to engage with.
The general idea of this suggestion is as follows.

* A d-class will talk to the quest giver with whatever rotating quests are currently active in dblock
* The d-class will be given a specific task to complete with a goal to reach such as the NPC in floor 2 storage.
* Once the d-class has retrieved what ever item requested by the quest giver and made it to the secondary quest giver they are rewarded with a keycard or item for whatever the reward for that quest was.
* D-class now has a motive and capability to escape with the items rewarded.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

No

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Reduce the mundane behavior of the current D-Class meta and replace it with a more dynamic feel which will also reward d-class for their efforts
Encourage foundation personnel to monitor other locations other than the normal hotspots like 914 and Inanimate.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
This would force MTF units to patrol more in specific locations

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
D-Class is slowly becoming a unfruitful job which will in turn kill off GenSec and Research if D-Class doesn't have a steady playerbase. This would give D-Class more things to engage with thus keeping people interested in playing D-Class. Currently D-Class have no real way to engage with ANYTHING unless they get to 914 legitimately within the sever rules. In character they are prisoners but we must also look at the player behind the character having fun or not, as that should be the baseline on what needs to be changed for the better.

Sylveon

Game Master
Game Master
Jul 25, 2022
+Support
I find the current Quest system pretty dumb, its very limited, and the XP rewards are very poor. I think getting things like guns, to keycards, to other equipment would better suit the quest system.

I also believe more quest that can be done in D-Block would be nice, Such as the old cooking quest.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Major Support
yeah, it needs a total overhaul - as it is, it's not reflective of the current server. i think there needs to also be more incentive to play d-class after unlocking jobs; maybe like some kind of prison backdoor type deal thing where you do or get something for someone and they give a tangible reward in return; like the current rewards are useful up until a point, but let's say you could get like, random chems when you turn the quest in? kinda like the chem crates on surface, that you can scavenge and get a random chem from a set list. it's an idea.

imo that's probably ideal, because people don't seem to be as incentivised by the offer of money and exp as much.

i think something like that would serve as a good incentive to make people do d-class quests, as well as ensure there's enough willing d-class test subjects for research staff where needed. because really, most people only really go back to d-class because they're much freer in what they can do when they escape, but research is kind of hurting and partially because of a dwindling lack of d-class that are lining up for tests.

i would say that improving tandem d-class & research roleplay opportunities and incentives should be a task of significant priority, because it is directly and negatively affecting an entire foundation department in terms of activity and roleplay - in fact, since gensec kinda rely on research for combat exp (via !credit) this then negatively affects them, in turn.

Last edited:

Juju

Civil Gamers Expert
May 1, 2022
+Support This is a great suggestion because the current quest giver in d block is broken and buggy like really buggy.

Derek White

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Oct 12, 2022
Suggestion Partially Approved

Hi @Kore ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

We as content team has decided to partially accept your suggestion. We will be looking into changing the rewards for the quest giver to try to give it more of a dynamic rewards when completing quests. If you have any questions feel free to DM me.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.