Denied D-Class Riot System Rework

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark

Jun 4, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Reworking of the D-Class Riot System

Currently a lot of roleplay leaders are frustrated with the current state of the riot system recently added. The system seems to be heavily weighted in favour of D-Class and as such ruin the experience of the few people who choose to mainly play GENSEC. Before the riot system, D-Class could already regularly and easily access decent weapons and kill for higher tier weapons and cards. They were able to door fault doors, hold the outer D-Block area for an hour, and generally be a nuisance during breaches or raids. While this was annoying to combat, these were exceptional cases that felt special both as D-Class or as GENSEC. However, with some of the recent changes, the power has shifted completely into the D-Class's hands. Easy access to assault rifles, PDWs, magnums, and keycards at a massively reduced scrap while GENSEC's only benefit is they spawn with a sub-par SMG is frankly absurd.

Reworking the Riot System to claw back some of the scrap reductions, weapon additions, etc would help immensely with allowing GENSEC to have a more fair fight would massively improve their experience on the server.

I'm not great at giving exact values for suggestions but some examples would be:
Remove CL2 scrap cost reduction (Change from 200 > 500 during riots). They already can kill people more easily for cards, you don't need to make it easier for them to get out. Let them kill people and earn their freedom.
Remove sticky grenades from the shop or make them more expensive. Cadets would be the only ones to be one-shot by sticky grenades, everyone else has enough armor to tank it so they can get to a medic. This item specifically targets the newer players on the server and makes their experience worse.
Removal of the upcoming scrap cost reductions. It is already easy for people to gather large quantities of scrap (I have close to ~21k and I barely play D-class), a .44 magnum which is an incredibly effective weapon should not be 120 scrap.

This section may be update with more ideas but at the current moment this is what I've come up with. I'm worried about the upcoming changes to allow D-Class to spawn with armor during the riots effectively making them deal with people with 100/50, 250/50, and 150/50 on spawn.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
While it was discussed and changes were suggested informally, no forum suggestions were made to my knowledge.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Improve new player experience when playing GENSEC
Decrease some of the overall havoc of the site to allow for proper roleplay to be conducted
Shift some of the balance back so personnel are fighting prisoners with weapons rather than effectively CI 2: Electric Boogaloo

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Make D-Class underpowered and not viable if balance changes are not done right
Worsen new player experience when playing D-Class (it's pretty fun for a new player to be able to easily access weapons and shoot whoever they'd like during a riot.)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

The new player experience is actively be hampered by the shift in balance in favour of D-Class and disrupts the roleplay initiated by roleplay leaders. While I play SCP-RP for the combat (hence why I'm the Dep. Director a combative department), many of my fellow RP leaders are frustrated with the amount of chaos on the site actively disrupting any plans they had for roleplay involving other personnel like medical. We already have to deal with CI and automated SCP breaches that disrupt roleplay but making riots apart of that ecosystem would just give no time for anything to happen. The few players that dedicate their time on GENSEC and mainly play GENSEC roles, their experiences are being worsened by changes like these and I don't want GENSEC to go into hiding because their CL1-CL3 personnel get frustrated while dealing with D-Class who out-gun, out-run, and even have higher clearance cards then they do.

While I understand some players may not be supportive of this change citing reworking/nerfs would result in a system that is seldom used which I don't disagree with, if proper testing and feedback is done a proper system that is fair for both sides can be made.

Dr. Rocky

Dec 18, 2022
- support

While the system isn’t perfect I would almost argue the other way, the amount of work and scrap needed to even start a riot is very high and on top of this a server restart wipes it all away. The one time I’ve seen a riot activated the strength came from all the D-Class flagging on; the riot quickly ended but we still fended off sweeps with just knives. I play D-Class more than GENSEC but I’m going to teach you how to counter any riot. Just don’t try and fight it, once you see Akm’s and mp7’s in D-Block stop going on the catwalk and letting them snowball, rather position your men at the single door leading out of D-Block. They either go through tower (where you kos them) or they run through a long hallway (where you kos them) Once the riot ends sweep D-Block and the riot was for nothing. Worst-case scenario you can call a mass term and steamroll any chances the D-Class has. GENSEC can easily overpower D-Class you just have to play it smart.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
i'm ok with everything except this:
Removal of the upcoming scrap cost reductions. It is already easy for people to gather large quantities of scrap (I have close to ~21k and I barely play D-class), a .44 magnum which is an incredibly effective weapon should not be 120 scrap.
i don't play much d-class and i only have a few thousand scrap - but i do like to occasionally go play d-class; and i plan on suggesting something regarding d-class that would make me more interested in playing more d-class. i find large quantities of scrap just a general slog to grab; i don't mind not doing cost reductions for weapons, but i feel that keycards are a bit expensive, especially since can often get one, then just immediately die when you shouldn't, because gensec are minges

holymilk

Nov 12, 2023
-support

Gensec already have the means to combat D class this just makes them have to play a bit smarter.

Pyro

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jul 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada
+Support
The devs creating this did an amazing job, but there definitely needs some nerfs made to it.

Glovano

Aug 19, 2022
-support
You can get mtf to help you, some of gensec jobs are designed to counter a riot with their equipment. This suggestion just shows how gensec cannot use their utility properly provided by the content team and cannot cope to the fact that you're getting killed to a D-class that can only use the guns provided that requires a lot of scrap to get that is given with minimum ammo which they require to spend even more scrap just to get keycards so they can get ammo every 1 min, it is also hard to get a lot of scrap in the first place as a lot of dclass would be scavenging for scrap. Gensec should be doing their work in adapting and planning carefully to counter a riot than suggesting a rework when it is a totally new system.

Dinklesprinkle

May 11, 2022
This system also ruins RP for research aswell due to their heavily reliant on D-Class for testing (not that people test anymore cause huehue chemical gwind uwu but there are still a few gems within research) and this just incentivises D-Class to only fuck about n ignore the RP side of the server cause only shooting people is the approach now.

Mars

Oct 7, 2023
-support the new riot system has not lead to any sort of significant increase in d-class escaping from d-block, nor has it lead to some sort of "unfair disadvantage".

Gensec are far better equipped than anything that d-class could get their hands on (except maybe the sticky grenade), where they have shields, map advantages where d-class are confined to an open room and gensec can sit in their little corners. The riot system brings a way more fair system that d-class can take advantage of when they're practically always at a disadvantage.

Geronimo

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Jan 29, 2023
United Kingdom
- Support
Most points have been mentioned above, however:
- Riots are expensive (requiring quests and lots of scrap)
- MTF can be called to help
- Riots are rareish, only one every few hours (rarer than breaches by far)

Some of the quests themselves, infact, encourage proper roleplay, such as requiring D-Class to attend tests.

Painter

Jun 18, 2023
[REDACTED]
+support

SCPRP not call of duty, don’t need a call of duty event every few hours where :

- If D-Class do manage to break out and get to 914, there will be disguised D-Class MRDM for hours.
- Research RP is ruined for 30 minutes because it is frankly IMPOSSIBLE to get a D-Class out that won’t stab you to death during a riot (London RP.)
- Even is D-Class don’t manage to break out, all the MTF and combatants will be preoccupied with the 20-30 D-Class with mini-jugs, speed demons, etc cause the site to go into chaos is ANYTHING happens besides that riot.

Who the hell thought it was a good idea to add a goddamn PVP event to SCPRP. Game Masters get degraded and warned when they do PVP events because there is no roleplay but, ohhhhhh it’s fine if CN makes a PVP event that loops every couple of hours that will destroy the server health when low pop and even destroy RP for 30 minutes at the most populated times?

Ogre

Oct 2, 2022
-support
I believe people are overreacting especially since GSD sort of has to do their job for once, as well if researchers want to test they have to go in a sufficient amount of time before a riot starts. I would actually argue that it keeps people doing their jobs and not making the game a just "AFK Simulator" as most call it

Lightsoulist

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 23, 2022
-support
walking onto catwalk or the checkpoint section for Dblock and getting snuck 20x isn't reason for a nerf. They have no armor and die in like 2 headshots its not that difficult.
Use better tactics instead of ww1 human wave sieges for dblock

Guinea

Jun 24, 2022
-support
walking onto catwalk or the checkpoint section for Dblock and getting snuck 20x isn't reason for a nerf. They have no armor and die in like 2 headshots its not that difficult.
Use better tactics instead of ww1 human wave sieges for dblock
That is a lie they have amour + knife on spawnlmao

• Angry
Reactions: Mars

Lightsoulist

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 23, 2022
I mean it's like 20 guys with some armor, knifes, and a sprinkle of guns vs like 50 people with full armor and guns
Dclass also have to run through 2 kill hallways to get out of dblock so theyre at an innate disadvantage.

Man of Culture

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
I have not played the current system, but from what I have read here and in the change logs, I feel like the goal from the dev team is to make riots shorter but more frequent? If so, make scrap costs increase every 2.5 min or so by 25%?

As in an Uzi, which normally costs 700 (i think?), after about 2.5 minutes would increase to 875 and would increase every 2.5 or 5 min. Idk im not a genius

Status
Not open for further replies.