Denied DarkRP Memes / General Media Channel

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason

Blacklisted Player
Jan 28, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Hopefully it will add a memes / media channel to the discord server.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I don't believe so.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
One positive of this suggestion would be that it would bring the community closer together. Being able to share images and talk about said images is a pretty standard thing to do on discord, so not being able to do that just makes it seem like there's a huge lack of trust in your own player base.

Another point I would like to bring up is that it wouldn't be hard to moderate at all, you have an entire moderation team at your hands, and they do what moderators do, they moderate. So if trolls decide to do weird shit in them channels then just delete the message, time them out, ban them, and whatever. Let the good eggs in the community have fun and talk to each other without having ridiculous restrictions in place, such as giving warnings and deleting messages of people who comment on images posted in (for example) #darkrp-art.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
It may incite trolls to come and post horrendous images or just whacky stuff in general.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I believe it should be accepted, because in my eyes, the positives completely out-weigh the negatives. I believe that the most basic thing that people should be able to have in a discord server is embed perms, because people just like sharing things. I'm quite frankly just tired of having to go to someone's dm's or telling them to go to a different channel, like #vip-chat just to let them see an image. Just trust your community and let us share images. You can easily moderate the channels if something happens in them. Don't let the trolls ruin everything for the rest of the player base, stop warning people for commenting on screenshots / images without making a thread (because it's annoying to make a thread to comment one thing), just let us post images like any normal server would do.

Now if you do decide to add this, which would be great, please don't put any catches onto it. allow us to send anything. don't do any of this "MuSt Be DaRkRp ReLaTeD" please..
Sorry I sounded like a bit of a nerd, but it just annoys me that we don't have such a basic thing in a discord server.

Last edited:

Remmy

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Suggestion Denied

Hi Jason.

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The content team has chosen to deny your suggestion because we feel this isn't needed.

We have a DarkRP Art channel, in which players can post DarkRP related media, however we don't want to add a general media channel at this time.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.