Denied Decrease Peace Time to 1 HR and Pre-War to 10 Minutes

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Filip McSpazz

Feb 19, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Like the title says, Decrease Peace Time to 1 HR and Pre-War to 10 Minutes.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
More Wars
More Activity
More Fun

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Maybe not enough in between time but people just AFK when there isnt war and barely anyone does anything

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Is good

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Filip McSpazz

Feb 19, 2023
-support

Learn to roleplay, or maybe join the event team to try facilitate roleplay. The answer to lack of roleplay isn’t to eliminate roleplay.
You are acting as if 70 Minutes still isnt enough time to do things, I just dont think it should be AS MUCH time

Tusk

Jan 14, 2023
+Support
The extra time in between wars isn't really nescarry, most of the new players want to participate in wars afterall

No Verdict

I do think that the time should stay, but during some lower pop times (Restricted wars for example) I do think that peacetime should be reduced a little bit, as during those times the server mostly goes AFK. during higher pop the extra time (IN MY OPINION) is kinda needed, it allows CSB to RP, Regs to do tryouts/trainings, Gives People time to make fobs, and Gives GM/Staff more time to make events.

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
+support, with caveats

In a perfect world I'd like to see peacetime length scale with player count or time of day. Right now the longer timers are crippling activity outside of peak hours, since with a 1h30 wait few people stick around for late wars. Especially when that war ends up being a 40 minute attrition war that nobody enjoys.

Longer peacetimes are great on weekends when activity is sustained, but on weeknights it ends up reducing the number of wars too much. It should be possible to find a balance which makes server RP less of an all-or-nothing thing.

You are acting as if 70 Minutes still isnt enough time to do things, I just dont think it should be AS MUCH time
It isn’t enough time to do everything that SHOULD be being done in peacetime. I played MRP from day one, and when it first started we needed more time than 90+20.

People these days just want to run and gun, can’t get two synapses to fire to maybe suggest that roleplaying is what the server is about. Then we’ve had newer players come in time and time again thinking they know what’s best, that X needs to be nerfed and Y needs to be balanced or reduced. You don’t know what makes the server fun because all you’ve experienced is people on for wars and buggering off straight after.

If this is how MRP still is, every single player in a leadership role should be chucked under the bus because they’re quite clearly failing in facilitating RP. Server may as well be a team deathmatch server at this stage.

If anything, peacetime should be put back to what is was at the start. You make wars fun by preparing for them, and there used to be fun in preparation. Reducing the time because ‘hurr only wartime is fun!!!’ Is pathetic, and it serves to encourage what has been the ultimate down of MRP anyway.

-support
I dont get these suggestion where people are decrease the peacetime. Peacetime can be fun if you make fun. Also HC and GM's can make peacetime more intresting with events (GM's only) or a hc member can host some RP within base. Also you need to time to prepare for next war aswell with fobs. But imo wars is not the only thing within MRP that makes the server its both. I don't think it should be decreased to an Hour; i suggest like valk said try to RP within peacetime do something fun with your regiment besides fobs simulator. I think 1 hour 15 minutes is fair and it should stay like that I don't think they should touch that time again.

-support
I dont get these suggestion where people are decrease the peacetime. Peacetime can be fun if you make fun. Also HC and GM's can make peacetime more intresting with events (GM's only) or a hc member can host some RP within base. Also you need to time to prepare for next war aswell with fobs. But imo wars is not the only thing within MRP that makes the server its both. I don't think it should be decreased to an Hour; i suggest like valk said try to RP within peacetime do something fun with your regiment besides fobs simulator. I think 1 hour 15 minutes is fair and it should stay like that I don't think they should touch that time again.
Fr like seriously it winds me up to no end when people complain there's nothing happening in peacetime when they are the same people who go afk or just log off at the end of wars. Anyone above PFC who is doing this should be demoted down to PFC imo.

Redrrx

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 4, 2021
Algeria
euuh where do i start?
first thing first
ma man we need to build FOBs do trainings tryouts and debriefs and even RP situations like Military police bunk checks or hacking missions
so im saying that you're spitting horse feet because even game masters wont have time to do their Ideas there are also missions (regimental) and else....... yk everything possible in peacetime
and if you're telling me 'you don't have to do all that' im going to accept that as 'taking advantage of your allies doing this stuff while you just want to do wars...
-Huge -support

HARAM

Status
Not open for further replies.