Denied depissify Parawatch

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change / add / remove?

• Turns Parawatch into a whitelisted role
  • Upon death as Parawatch, the cooldown to rejoin Parawatch would be 10 minutes.
  • Changes the Parawatch facility entering cooldown from 15 minutes to 30 minutes.
  • Requirements to raid remain unchanged, still requiring a valid reason.
  • Allows Parawatch to kidnap members of Foundation on surface once they obtain a valid reason to enter Foundation.
  • Changes to, on spawn, gives Parawatch the interrogate tool, weapon check tool, elastic restraints, medkit, flare gun, tranquilizer pistol, and a knife.​
  • Increases Parawatch's HP pool from 100 to 175​
  • Allows Parawatch to kill anyone in the facility they deem a danger to their mission once they obtain a Foundation CL2+ document, and allows them to attempt to A: Breach the SCP they learned about, B: Kidnap passive SCPs, or C: Rescue D-Class.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
attempts to fix parawatch have been made before, but were kind of crap

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Gives Parawatch a purpose besides just infobreaching, which will still be important due to requiring more Parawatch to team up to make things happen.
- Keeps Parawatch balanced, as there is a long cooldown to rejoin.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- A lot of people don't like Parawatch
- Dev time

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think that Parawatch is kind of aimless right now. You get to enter the facility, but can't kill people while they can call you out in comms or instantly kidnap you with guns. This gives Parawatch purpose, and allows them to actually be a threat. I don't think could overstate how difficult it would be to accomplish things with these harsh rulesets. You have to:

- Obtain a reason to enter Foundation (HARD)
- Gather a team of good players to play Parawatch (HARD)
- Get a Level 2+ keycard, requiring you to kidnap someone (DIFFICULT)
- Do not get caught / called out in the Foundation (DIFFICULT)
- Obtain a hacking device and or disguise (IMPOSSIBLE)
- Harsh punishment & cooldown for being killed
- Middling numbers (3 max)

And the reward? You get to breach one SCP.

But people will still try, because it'd be an awesome challenge. And if they succeed with all of those restrictions?
That's pretty cool.

Jan 27, 2023
very strange that they can breach scps. don't need more of that on this server despite the massive challenge and doesn't really make sense.

It's easier to just pass a CI tryout (since your proposal suggests to make parawatch a whitelist) and then just do all of what your version of parawatch does that way lmao (literally if you have VIP this is just a significantly worse and more convoluted deep cover job)

Feb 22, 2024
- Obtain a hacking device and or disguise (IMPOSSIBLE)
getting a disguise from 914 is considered FRP without prior documents which doesn't really help the case, i think having a sticky'ed document about 914 on the parawatch board would be instead a better "fix" instead of pissifying it with your suggested changes, members of parawatch are just simple civilians, curious and wanting to expose the anomalous world, not a mini militia.

Feb 10, 2024
-Support
I am with you on the "Parawatch needs to be changed" train, but breaching SCPs is just boring, uncreative and provides zero to no RP. Obviously I don't really know what the right course of action is, even though I play lots of PW, because otherwise I would've made a suggesstion already.

All you can really do to enter foundation and retrieve good intel is:
- Run around surface like a vulture, hoping that a Nu-7 or DEA dies in front of you, drops a keycard and CI doesn't see it (They will interro you)
- Be lucky and somehow get info about the TE5 and hope that CI will sell you one (They won't)
- Find someone in Foundation that you can somehow smooth talk into showing you around

Anomalous chems which could make it much, much easier are off the table since you lose the info about them IC as soon as you die once or you flag off. Guns for intimidation are useless since you are instantly flagged as KOS when you are armed (Even on safety).

So the only thing I really can think of, which would make Parawatch's life easier, is a hacking tool? And even then how do you explain why they would have it in the first place. Also, without a keycard most documents are still inacessible. So as I said, no idea how Parawatch could be improved, I just know that it's fun to play but way too hard to get a somewhat relevant infobreach going.

Status
Not open for further replies.