Different requirements for SCP PAC3 requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar Kuznetsov

Oct 24, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Makes the lore section optional for SCP PAC3 requests (EX: 173 PAC requests).

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

Generally less stressful. The lore behind most SCPs is obvious, unless in certain circumstances where you have custom lore behind your SCP. However, in most circumstances, the requirement of an extensive lore page for most SCP PACs is overkill and generally causes less RP to be generated. Instead of having a custom PAC3 for every SCP, enhancing roleplay, most people won't put in the 12~ hours to finish a PAC3 for every SCP.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

Less extensive lore for SCP players.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

I believe it's counter intuitive to require custom lore pages for most SCPs, as very few people have the time required to complete such a massive project even for around 5-6 SCPs, much less all of them. In general, it actually makes it less likely for people to engage with your roleplay. It'd be better if SCPs were allowed to have the PACs without the extensive lore for their SCP character.

Yeke

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
Hi @Caesar Kuznetsov .

I believe you may be confused on how SCP pacs are approved, please see below from SCP rules

5.12 SCP PACs are allowed for RP purposes, however must maintain the logic and integrity of the character being played i.e. SCP-999 cannot look like a humanoid, these must be approved by a member of SL in game for the scenario presented.

Status
Not open for further replies.