Content Suggestion Dimension Logging Migration

Content Suggestions will be reviewed by Content Team weekly, please allow time as not everything can be reviewed at once.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grunger

Feb 26, 2023
What does this suggestion add:
Hide the console logging of instance entry/departure to regular players and migrate them to staff logs only.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Nothing related.

Possible Positives of the suggestion:
  • Actual secrecy of events and operations pertaining to dimensional travel, making RP actions less predictable and strategical
  • Players would have to discover dimensional operations solely through RP avenues (instance bridges, spontaneous actions) without prior subconscious knowledge
Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  • Dimensional travel becomes harder to track for "OOC purposes" (moved to staff logs anyway)
Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This change would make dimension hopping as elusive as it sounds, increasing value and therefore incentive for cartographers on all respective fronts. I've been trying to avoid talking about metagame but this is the sole directive of this suggestion. Subconsciously or not, players are always looking at the console, watching a mass of people enter the dimension, and immediately take every door that opens by itself as a reason to sweep the entire site.
(Not even sure why entries/exits are logged, maybe for debugging purposes in the testing phase?)

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
+Support
-i love my console being filled with 200 messages about the dimensions

Ellie

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Feb 21, 2021
Approved and implemented on restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.