Denied Disallow combat tazing

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draganborn

Jul 27, 2022
Today I am suggesting disallowing combat tazing because I think that it is impacting combat in a bad way I will list the reasons below, but first I must explain what combat tazing even is, it is charging an armed combatant with a tazer and shooting them with a tazer to stop them from shooting you and to arrest them, and now I will list the reasons why it should be disallowed.

Positives:

+It is not fun to fight against
+It ruins combat against any job with a tazer
++Not realistic

Negatives:
Can't think of any

Overall I think that with the positives and negatives listed above it should be disallowed in the rules and that police should only taze unarmed suspects with a warning

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
-support

Just don't think it's that unbalanced, police should be a reasonably scary force to come up against. Using a tazer is high risk/high reward in combat, most police don't do it but the ones who do will get the arrest bonuses

Exit

Civil Gamers Expert
Oct 10, 2021
+ Support
Either remove combat tazing or tazer FearRP, where does it make sense that someone is under fear rp when the police officer has a non letal weapon in hands, what stops me from shooting him?
If an officer has a gun, makes sense, but a tazer… I don’t think it’s reasonable to have tazer under the FearRp rule.

Exit

Civil Gamers Expert
Oct 10, 2021
-Support

People bring this up constantly and I have never once understood this take or why this would be a good idea.
The point is, there is no pvp when 3 cops just taze you when you try to shoot back, you get stunned and can’t do anything, it’s really unfunny for orgs members and thief’s in general, something like PD raids can be stopped just by tazing without having to put any effort, just rush the one lockpicking or holding an angle and arrest them. There is no fun or effort in that, it’s like police doesn’t value their life’s to run with a non letal weapon against armed people.

49Mr Black

Civil Gamers Expert
The point is, there is no pvp when 3 cops just taze you when you try to shoot back, you get stunned and can’t do anything, it’s really unfunny for orgs members and thief’s in general, something like PD raids can be stopped just by tazing without having to put any effort, just rush the one lockpicking or holding an angle and arrest them. There is no fun or effort in that, it’s like police doesn’t value their life’s to run with a non letal weapon against armed people.
And when the shoe is on the other foot and PD are outnumbered 3-to-1 do they come on the forums and whinge about a certain gun or tool being unfair? I struggle to see your plight with this matter tbqh. Even more so considering that only VIP and Point-shop jobs are given stun-guns in the first place. The majority of the Cops you come across don't even have one to begin with.

genoss

May 15, 2023
- support
this suggestion is pretty bad ppl constantly break fearrp against you, also combat tasing is a rare occurance as most of the time you will die when trying it

Last edited:
Reactions: 49Mr Black

Ellie

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Feb 21, 2021
- Support

Police would always seek a non-lethal way of finishing a fight, and often resort to tasers to do this. Honestly I would say that combat tasing should be used more often.

I do however agree with an above comment - pulling out a weapon against a taser shouldn't be Fear RP - tasers can be easy to dodge irl so there's a good chance you would be able to dodge and pull a weapon out.

Funhaus

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 4, 2022
-Support
This is very situational most of the time you can dodge a taser shot anytime. Tasers should fall under Fearrp, this was discussed before the server launched and collectively agreed you would fear your life of being tased.

In practical sense in-game, it's very easy to comply with police orders, you get the players that try to test boundaries of walking away or even waiting for them to miss there taser shot

Reactions: genoss

Draganborn

Jul 27, 2022
- Support

Police would always seek a non-lethal way of finishing a fight, and often resort to tasers to do this. Honestly I would say that combat tasing should be used more often.

I do however agree with an above comment - pulling out a weapon against a taser shouldn't be Fear RP - tasers can be easy to dodge irl so there's a good chance you would be able to dodge and pull a weapon out.
Rubber bullets, rubber buckshot, soft polymer rounds, wax bullets, plastic bullets, beanbag rounds, sponge grenades, ring airfoil projectiles (both kinetic and tear gas projectiles), and rubber bullets with electroshock effect (e.g. Taser XREP rounds) are less lethal than conventional metal bullets, salt buckshot and pepper spray/pepper spray paintballs
:/
+ Tasers can be lethal (source: https://eu.usatoday.com/in-depth/ne...undreds-deaths-like-daunte-wright/7221153002/ )

lybbx

CG Super VIP
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
aha x
Rubber bullets, rubber buckshot, soft polymer rounds, wax bullets, plastic bullets, beanbag rounds, sponge grenades, ring airfoil projectiles (both kinetic and tear gas projectiles), and rubber bullets with electroshock effect (e.g. Taser XREP rounds) are less lethal than conventional metal bullets, salt buckshot and pepper spray/pepper spray paintballs
:/
+ Tasers can be lethal (source: https://eu.usatoday.com/in-depth/ne...undreds-deaths-like-daunte-wright/7221153002/ )
you're digging far too into it bro

Reactions: Ellie and Funhaus

Spud

Aug 24, 2023
I would certainly +support
If more than one person followed fearp on the server. If I tell someone to get against the wall and the response is to whip out a gun, they can complain when I taze them. 90% of combat tazes are resulted from fearp breaks and to remove it would actually neuter the police

Coolioo

top bloke
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
bossman lane
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Draganborn

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The content team has chosen to deny your suggestion on the grounds that combat tasing has always been high-risk, high-reward in the sense that if, say, a CGSF member misses a taze then this leaves them exposed for a long enough period for them to be killed. It also allows for further RP, post-taze, rather than always concluding in death matches.

Regarding replies in this thread, referring tasers and FearRP; you must abide by FearRP when a taser is pointed at you, this was discussed by the helper team before launch, and it was agreed that more harm to RP would stem from having this any different.

This will now be locked, moved, and marked as denied.​

Reactions: Ellie
Status
Not open for further replies.