Rule Suggestion Disallow cuffing reality benders (to kill them)

Rule suggestions will be reviewed by Superadmins, this may take longer than standard content suggestions.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geronimo

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Jan 29, 2023
United Kingdom
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Disallow Reality Benders (D-Class and CI Type Blue) getting cuffed by combatives with the intention to kill them.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
After searching, I have not located any similar suggestions.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Makes Type Blue gameplay fairer
- Increases chances for D-Class riots or raids to survive

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Less ways to counter Type Blues

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Outside of whether D-Class type blues get metagamed, or whether its combat cuffing, allowing the use of metal cuffs to instantly cuff Type Blues and then kill them whilst they are powerless is simply unfair. Hypothetically, even if cuffed, reality benders would easily be able to kill whoever cuffs them using their power (but they "literally" can't because they lose access to the tool when cuffed). Even then, players are unable to know if the Type Blue has their reality bender swep out (unless they are actively using their powers), which means combat cuffing is impossible to tell for a Type Blue that doesn't APPEAR to have a weapon out.
Its such a ratty strategy, and considering the cooldowns between Type Blue being available, this should be changed to facilitate further Type Blue usage.

For those who say "the reality bender should just be spacially aware", how are D-Class reality benders expected to 'be aware' of people disguised as D-Class who run into D-Block to cuff them?

This is not a rage post. I've never played Type Blue, and after discussion within the main Discord, I've made this suggestion in the regard to balance. Having been on the side that has cuffed Type Blues to kill them before, whilst at the time was hilarious, is simply unfair.

Dr. Ternith Plague

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Dec 13, 2023
+Support on certain conditions.

There needs to be some exception or there's no way to counter the Class-D Type Blue - after all, they have more abilities than you. So, here's a condition or two:
1) To handcuff a Type Blue, you need to have a reality anchor, and they must have powers disabled (reality anchor blows up = womp womp).
2) To handcuff a Type Blue, you ALSO need two people pointing guns (or one and someone with handcuffs for a better explanation).

I think it's fair to both sides - as if you're a disabled Type Blue, Thaumaturge, or otherwise, then that's kinda your fault.

Reactions: Bush von Mann

Bush von Mann

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 12, 2022
Crazy how all the negative supports either have no common sense or just say "they deserved it" ?????

ToasterStrudels

Dec 18, 2023
common sense is when you figure out that its physically possible to put a reality bender in handcuffs

its not though? hes a reality bender. your only saying this because of how gmod works lol. its bullshit how people can just cuff them and gun them down and it makes the job essentially useless and unfun to play. not only that but how easy it is to metagame them and how hard it is to prove the metagame.

Mars

Oct 7, 2023
its not though? hes a reality bender. your only saying this because of how gmod works lol. its bullshit how people can just cuff them and gun them down and it makes the job essentially useless and unfun to play. not only that but how easy it is to metagame them and how hard it is to prove the metagame.
and if you're bad enough to get cuffed as a reality bender you deserve it, this is a cope suggestion

ToasterStrudels

Dec 18, 2023
and if you're bad enough to get cuffed as a reality bender you deserve it, this is a cope suggestion
how does being bad have anything to this at all? your one of the people who does this so your very much just salty because you wont be able to do it anymore if it gets accepted. the server is about having fun not trying to constantly ruin it. type blue gets meta'd constantly its already at a disadvantage.

Mars

Oct 7, 2023
how does being bad have anything to this at all? your one of the people who does this so your very much just salty because you wont be able to do it anymore if it gets accepted. the server is about having fun not trying to constantly ruin it. type blue gets meta'd constantly its already at a disadvantage.
oxygenpanda.jpg

Mars

Oct 7, 2023
lol you cant even give a good reason as to why its a "skill issue"
1708459718650.png

You are quite literally a mini-type green with 500 hp that can one-shot every single person within the foundation in 3 different ways whilst also being immune to fearrp. If you get cuffed as a reality bender it is 100% your fault and you deserve to get captured.

ToasterStrudels

Dec 18, 2023
View attachment 13539

You are quite literally a mini-type green with 500 hp that can one-shot every single person within the foundation in 3 different ways whilst also being immune to fearrp. If you get cuffed as a reality bender it is 100% your fault and you deserve to get captured.

It's my fault that someone came inside D-Block disguised saw my health and cuffed me?

Reactions: Mars

Blackknight95

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Jun 7, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi Geronimo,

The Reality Bending SWEP counts as a weapon for the sake of the combat cuffing rule, therefore it is considered combat cuffing to cuff a reality bender to kill them.

With that cleared up, I will close this post now.

Mercer​

Status
Not open for further replies.