Don't make the mercenary's VIP

providence

Feb 25, 2022
Sup, To understand the context behind this post, Please read:

I really hope they make these free, If you make it whitelisted, level caped AND vip, It will fucking die quicker than the queen

Just look at GOC, They are barely surviving at the current recruitment standard, If this shit is VIP locked it will never have enough people to do anything big or meaningful

+ make something cool for the civil gamers who can't afford vip

Rosco

Civil Gamers Expert
Jun 9, 2021
Buzau, Romania
y'all really need to understand that server hosting and developing can't be payed just with hopes and dreams and that there needs to be some buyable elements so that it won't close in 3-5 business days...

Rob Boss

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 15, 2022
they should focus on fixing their current GOI's (CI, GOC) rather than creating more (which pretty much are the same thing copy and pasted but behind a paywall this time)

Reactions: Hoxton and Some Guy

Some Guy

Sep 2, 2022
they should focus on fixing their current GOI's (CI, GOC) rather than creating more (which pretty much are the same thing copy and pasted but behind a paywall this time)
100000% percent, the most based thing I've heard all week.

Kw1ll

Apr 16, 2022
this kind of job would be a very small thing with max like 3 slots, unlike GOC which requires an entire regiment backing it. Any decisions to make this donation required job are not made by the Content Team however and are solely decided by exec team which is just cloak and ventz

WotInkermnation

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Feb 21, 2021
In the Bakery
this kind of job would be a very small thing with max like 3 slots, unlike GOC which requires an entire regiment backing it. Any decisions to make this donation required job are not made by the Content Team however and are solely decided by exec team which is just cloak and ventz
its half and half when it comes to donation. CS are the ones who have the power to make things be donation required also but Cloak and Ventz can change it also.

Rob Boss

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 15, 2022
so its basically GOC as they have 3 people on daily

• reaction_title.7
Reactions: Deacon

Kw1ll

Apr 16, 2022
so its basically GOC as they have 3 people on daily
if it comes down to that kind of playstyle we would probably rework or remove it, it depends on a lot of things. This kind of suggestion needs to go higher than Content Team with further opinions and approval before we actually add anything for sure. So most of this is just entirely planning stages or hypothetical.

Rob Boss

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 15, 2022
if it comes down to that kind of playstyle we would probably rework or remove it, it depends on a lot of things. This kind of suggestion needs to go higher than Content Team with further opinions and approval before we actually add anything for sure. So most of this is just entirely planning stages or hypothetical.
so you are saying instead of fixing the current GOI's you are going to start planning on making the new one

Jules

Donator
May 22, 2022
Pinewood Canada
mysttea.carrd.co
so you are saying instead of fixing the current GOI's you are going to start planning on making the new one

I highly doubt that is what Kwill is saying but there likely could be changes made... Again, most of this is likely way higher then content team can reach at this moment where we cannot promise anything.

Kw1ll

Apr 16, 2022
We already have plans in progress to "fix" current GOIs, and then further plans on top of that. In future, I would appreciate it if you did not assume things like that as it makes it out to seem we do not care about current systems, which I can guarantee you we take great stress to care. Thanks

Rob Boss

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 15, 2022
We already have plans in progress to "fix" current GOIs, and then further plans on top of that. In future, I would appreciate it if you did not assume things like that as it makes it out to seem we do not care about current systems, which I can guarantee you we take great stress to care. Thanks
If you took 'great care' of your GOI's, both CI and GOC should've been fixed in the last 2 months? CI has been in bad shape ever since Thomas was removed from Command and GOC has been in bad shape ever since it was introduced due to it requiring you too make an app here to get a whitelist which is unnecessary and also you need to complete a Tryout (I understand that you do not want minges join a RP focused Regiment). The server focuses too much on their MTF (I also understand that the RP is based around the foundation however, both GOC and CI are shown immediately once a new player joins and they both make up 25% of the character screen) Also, MTF are 'Mobile' and they're not meant to be there all the time lore wise there should be more GENSEC than MTF. The GOI's have 0 content and it seems that they are just there for advertisement, the current idea of them being RP focused isn't working.

Jam

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 10, 2022
I wish I could joke about the state of CI and how no one has noticed it for roughly 2 months. Once Kane and Tactician got promoted SL had a complete blackout from the CI situation and just left it at that, slowly killing them with said blackout.

If we look away from CI, I think GOC is in a way further part to complain. They are a newer GOI that has so little point of existence that it is sad if you'd ask me. They only exist with the point of RP and that's it. Oh and occasionally they catch that one SCP that breaks out from the facility, if that even happens now a days, or perhaps a surface SCP who knows. The GOC cannot just RP to sustain a active playerbase, they are more of a passive-group to switch on when there's something great and go off once it gets boring again to again play Foundation. You can't fully dedicate yourself to it. And apart from that, the only great thing GOC has is a base that isn't just reduced to bare minimum to have fun inside and having air strikes with some other things on that tablet. Not to mention the conflicts that happen with GOC that they are well at because after all their recruitment system is very professionalised.
I think if GOC wasn't a thing it would've hardly changed the experience on this server, this mainly speaking from a foundation side. Because I doubt that anyone but CL4+ in Foundation ever get to see a GOC, perhaps Nu-7 and B-1 and that should be were it stops. Interactions wise I believe it is primarily CL4+ and Nu-7. CI tried their best with RP but I won't judge the dumb encounters we had that lead to conflicts, they mostly were dealt with more OOC-wise than IC because they were outright detrimental.

Reactions: Some Guy

Kw1ll

Apr 16, 2022
If you took 'great care' of your GOI's, both CI and GOC should've been fixed in the last 2 months? CI has been in bad shape ever since Thomas was removed from Command and GOC has been in bad shape ever since it was introduced due to it requiring you too make an app here to get a whitelist which is unnecessary and also you need to complete a Tryout (I understand that you do not want minges join a RP focused Regiment). The server focuses too much on their MTF (I also understand that the RP is based around the foundation however, both GOC and CI are shown immediately once a new player joins and they both make up 25% of the character screen) Also, MTF are 'Mobile' and they're not meant to be there all the time lore wise there should be more GENSEC than MTF. The GOI's have 0 content and it seems that they are just there for advertisement, the current idea of them being RP focused isn't working.
I can admit that CI are in a bad spot, there is a separate complaint explaining why such an event has occurred and I can guarantee you the SL that are sorting it are taking it as one of their top priorities right now. Other than that, what I am doing is separate from that but will hopefully add more content to GOIs. I hope this explains it a bit further.

Other than that, lets end this discussion about the bad spot about CI due to the active complaint, and continue other conversations, thanks

Some Guy

Sep 2, 2022
That’s twitter logic right there
Well that's exactly how it works bruh, there is limited dev power and that power would be focused on new stuff instead of fixing. ya dingus

Last edited: