For how long have you played on CG SCP:
6 Months (July - Present)

In what country are you located?:
Scotland

Time zone:
BST (British Time Zone)

Character name(s):
Dr. Alec Bennett (Research / Medical)
Alec "Bartender" Bennett (Combative / Nu-7)

Civilian name:
Aleksi Bennett
Overseer "The Highlander" (Event I participated in a while back)

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):
UK

Do you have a mic?:
Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:

MTF Nu-7 SGT (Held)
MTF Nu-7 LCPL (Held)
MTF Nu-7 SPC (Held)
MTF A-1 SPC (Held)
Director of Research (Held)
Executive Researcher (Held)
Internal Affairs Ambassador (Held)
Intelligence Ambassador (Held)
Ethics Committee Assistant (Held)

MTF Nu-7 PVT (Holding at the time of writing / 10/01/2023)

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:

RDM/LTAP Ban (2 Weeks)
Early on as a Cadet I got myself into a heated argument with a D-Class in the testing line. I ended up entering CDC and killed the D-Class, I then left to avoid punishment.

Fear RP
Didn't understand the full aspects of RP and refused to fear for my life when in a controlled Fear RP situation.

Fail RP
Likewise with the Fear RP warns I didn't understand RP fully and did unrealistic stuff in character.

Macro/Script
Since appealed for, I put my headset on my arrow keys to avoid AFK as I was taking my dog out for 5 minutes. I failed to understand that it was a rule break.

Since that my record has been clean with no issues. I have since revised the MOTD multiple times to ensure that I always have a full understanding on the server rules.

Reason for Application

I have always held a great interest within the Scientific Department. With all the roleplay potential involved and great interactions it is a really immersive department to involve yourself in, especially as an Executive. My interest also lies within benefiting the department further, such as improving the quality of testing for our staff by holding lectures and supervising tests more often. The Scientific Department is meant to be a haven full of immersive roleplay and I wish for that to be the case with everyone working for the department.

Another reason being is that I also wish to spread my knowledge to all corners of the Scientific Department, whether it be documentational advise or just general tips and tricks, all personnel within the department deserve to know what they need to know. I am constantly seeing confused personnel or personnel failing to follow procedure due to this lack of knowledge, and for more immersive roleplay to be conducted they will need to be made aware of every aspect of the Scientific Department.

Overall, I wish to improve the quality of roleplay amongst our research staff and ensure that all staff are made away of every policy, rule, tip and trick in regards to working at the Foundation.

My Qualities and Attributes

Throughout my time within the Foundation I have attained most of my experience from my time within the Scientific Department. I know every aspect of the Scientific Department and due to this I am able to act as a trusted and capable Executive Researcher.

My documentation skills are also always up to standards. I have - in my humble opinion - perfected the documentation aspect of the researcher role. I also know how to teach others on how to forge high grade documentations too.

Speaking of teaching others, I consider myself to be an amazing lecturer and role model to all research staff. I know how to efficiently teach research staff in a simple yet effective manner. Whether it be lectures or one on ones with research staff, I am more than capable of sharing knowledge and information which is necessary for the researcher to know.

Professionalism. I take my role within the Foundation seriously, therefore I always show maturity and professionalism. As an Executive within the Scientific Department you are expected to represent the department and always uphold all of its standards and policies at all times. Due to my professionalism, I am able to influence other research staff into acting the same and conducting themselves in an appropriate manner at all times.

My initiative is also a great attribute to hold. When I see a problem I always jump to fix it and ensure that everything is dealt with properly. I always notice myself showing initiative and for an Executive within the department it is a very useful quality to possess.

Finally, my roleplay skills. Over my time playing the server I have developed a passion for roleplaying and committing myself to my character. It is a great passion to hold and it can ensure that others experiences around me will be more than admirable.

Overall, all of these qualities and attributes when added up, makes me more than suitable for the Executive position within the department. I can assure to all Foundation staff that I will always show these qualities and express them effectively when and if I manage to obtain this position.

Documentation History & what makes an Excellent Document

I have written many excellent and notable documents throughout my time at the Foundation. Here are a few off the top of my head;

- SCP-3078 / SCP-682
I attempted to gain more information regarding both SCPs and their effects / resistance to anomalies.

- SCP-3078 / SCP-178
I wished to gain information on how both SCPs react with each other and the subject interacting with them.

- SCP-3078 / SCP-049
I sought out to attain information on to how an SCP-049-1 instance would react to a memetic hazard.

- SCP-096 Termination Attempt
Although it never went through, it caught the attention of the Overseer Council when showed to them. Additionally, for just a pre-test document it contained over 15 pages.

- Various Memetic Development Campaigns
During my team as head for the Cognito-hazard & Memetics Department I created various memetics and documents regarding them. The memetics in question were both intended for medical / mental use on Foundation staff and to act as kill agents against enemies of the Foundation.

An excellent document must include extra sections relating to the test and of course the required sections, that being the aims, methods, findings and the conclusion sections. Also, on top of this documents must attain good grammar at all times. All words must be spellchecked and all sentences must make sense. This is important as it makes it easier for the reader to understand what is being stated. Additionally, documents must be formatted pristinely and should always focus on highlighting the key information whilst still including every possible detail.

Whilst following the aforementioned requirements, you may also include many other sections within your document. Sections include but are not limited to;

- Front Cover / Title Page | Includes image(s), title of document, name of researcher(s) and the clearance needed to view it.

- Index / Table of Contents | Includes every section and which pages they span.

- Safety Precautions | A list of precautions needed to take place in order for the experiment to be conducted in a safe manner.

- Equipment Required | A list of all equipment needed for testing to occur.

- Personnel Required | A list of personnel who need to be present in order for testing to occur.

- Hypothesis | Covers the preferred outcome(s), unwanted outcome(s) and any other outcomes which fit into neither of the categories.

- Gallery / Images | Images which relate to the test. This allows the reader to understand the experiment by showing them what happened.

- Set of Questions | If an interview is being held in the experiment, a section should cover all of the questions set out to be asked.

- Dialogue | A complete log on what was said and who said it in regards to the experiment.

- Credits | A section dedicated to crediting all involved personnel.

- Signatures | A section dedicated to gathering signatures of individuals who were either involved in the experiment or who approved of it.

- Chemistry Elements Utilised | Covers what chemicals were utilised to gain the results.

[PS] These are only a list of possible sections, these are NOT in chronological order to the events of an experiment.

Responsibilities of an Executive Researcher

Executives hold many responsibilities within the Scientific Department and the Foundation. Here listed below are all the duties in which they are meant to conduct;

- Grading Documents
Executives are entrusted to grade documents submitted by other research staff. They are expected to give a full explanation to why it graded a certain way and how to improve their documents for future grading. Grading documents can also be done prior to uploading them, this is useful as it will give the researcher the opportunity to get the best grade for that document.

- Holding Lectures / Teaching
Teaching other research staff is a key role within the Executive role. As an Executives, you must have teaching skills to enlighten all other research staff on all of the site wide policies, departmental policies, protocol, documentation and experimentation. Whether it be in mass amounts or with a single personnel, you must never stray away from teaching and should always attempt to make time to do so.

- Overseeing Experiments
Executives are expected to oversee experiments from all ranks of research staff. This is to give them quality feedback, advice or to halt the test if it is going south. As Executives are trusted personnel, our advice is always expected from research staff and at times they will need it, especially in regards to experimentation.

- Approving Experiments
Due to their position within the Foundation Executives can approve a specific range of experiments. This includes safe / safe cross testing, safe / euclid cross testing and experiments which include CL.4 SCPs - excluding SCP-008.

- Upholding Research and Site Wide Policies / Codes
Due to Executives having immense knowledge in most of the site wide and all of the departmental policies, they are expected to uphold them on the research staff. Executives are to ensure that all of the research staff's operations adhere to the Code of Conduct, Code of Ethics and Scientific Department Policy. They are also entrusted with banning personnel from the Scientific Department temporarily.

- Representing the Scientific Department
In a lot of situations, Executives are expected to and entrusted with representing the Scientific Department. This includes promoting it, adhering to all policies / codes and being a role model to all research staff.

- Guiding Researchers During Events
Frequently, there will be an event SCP which will come on site and members of the Scientific Department will be expected to perform studies on it, therefore research staff should be encouraged and walked through on what to do with the SCP. Executives must also assist them with generating ideas and executing them.

- Performing Inductions to Trainee Researchers
Usually, when a personnel enlists to become a researcher within the Foundation, they will be confused on policies, protocol, general knowledge and the facility layout. Executives must deal with this by performing an induction for the trainee in question. This includes assisting them with the test, giving them a tour of the facility and sharing general site wide and scientific knowledge with them.

Lore Section

Out of sheer curiosity you wander into a library full of various topics of stories to read. You then find yourself in the "Fan-Fiction" section. A section dedicated to novels written by members of the library.

After further inspection, you see a book on the story of a researcher within the S.C.P. Foundation. Due to being a great fan of the S.C.P. universe you decide to take the novel to a table in the corner of the building. You plug in your noise cancelling earphones and read the novel...

Last edited:

Meti

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 9, 2022
Iran
+Support
+Active
+Perfect Application and lore
+Used to be Directer of Research before
+Good interaction
+The only person i know who really loves to play as researcher

Last edited:

Deacon

Jun 19, 2022
Easiest +Support of my life.

Bartender has been an integral part of research roleplay for as long as I can remember.

When I first became an Executive researcher, it was Bartender (aka Brewer back then) that helped me to further understand the role and bigged me up as a fellow Executive and as soon as he mentioned applying for DoR, I instantly knew that ScD would benefit massively from it. When he eventually became a DoR, it was the golden age of ScD on the server and I was actually put into the un-official role of "Assistant to the Director of Research" so I got to see first hand how much Bartender benefitted the department. Sadly Bartender transferred to the US site sometime after.

So when I heard Bartender was back in action on the UK site building up to make another Executive application I knew it would be damn good. This man has all the experience and more for this position and I have no doubt that as an executive he will surely 'Make ScD Great Again'.

This guy genuinely makes me want to play Researcher again.

Claire!

Blacklisted Player
May 29, 2022
Los Angeles, California
-Support.

Let me explain why

So you went to the US Site, after stepping down. You were alright, BUT THE REASON for this -Support, was your removal from Exec Researcher from USA.

If I am correct, you said some pretty fucked up shit to a person who was deaf. From what I read within the SL Request channel, when I was a US DELCOM.

Had a few instances where you minge on jobs also.

I would wait a bit before I want to see you in a CL4 Postion.

Crow Kalashnikov

Oct 2, 2022
-Support You made inappropriate comments on our site on the role of the executive researcher which lead to your Removal and blacklisting from your role. They should in my opinion not enable this by letting you go to their site to continue this behavior. You attempted to lie about the behavior in question. I had to go to Epsilon eleven to confirm if this did happen and the Site inspectors to confirm this as well. it was confirmed to me by a staff member of significant sway within Epsilon eleven that stated he looked over logs and saw this.

brewr

Jun 23, 2022
Scotland
-Support You made inappropriate comments on our site on the role of the executive researcher which lead to your Removal and blacklisting from your role. They should in my opinion not enable this by letting you go to their site to continue this behavior. You attempted to lie about the behavior in question. I had to go to Epsilon eleven to confirm if this did happen and the Site inspectors to confirm this as well. it was confirmed to me by a staff member of significant sway within Epsilon eleven that stated he looked over logs and saw this.
The accusations made against me were in regards to my alpha-1 character, not executive. Please don't spread false information. If you wish to take this further, contact my discord listed above.

Nathaniel Brown

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 6, 2022
the Netherlands
Hey Bartender, I will be leaving a +/-Neutral on your application today.

The reason why its not a + or a - support comes from the fact that you have the skills to RP and have held the role already and are fit for this role from that point of view.
You've done great as an executive and DoR and your ability to RP and write lore (about yourself/server) is amazing.

The thing is that you can be abrubtly mingey from time to time.
This in combination with you suddenly joining the US server and now being back on UK due to reasons stated before is not a good look.

To be fair, to me it seems like you're missing your old positions which you did great in but I'm already asking myself when you will throw all of it away and leave the server again.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
MASSIVE +SUPPORT
never thought brewer would come back this man was one of the best researchers i have ever met and was the whole reason i pursued research

Crow Kalashnikov

Oct 2, 2022
The accusations made against me were in regards to my alpha-1 character, not executive. Please don't spread false information. If you wish to take this further, contact my discord listed above.
The "accusation" Isn't an accusation I find it silly to use that wording. If anyone would like further Details on the incident of this man making ablest comments towards a deaf man You can reach out to me at @tiny#0003. We fired you because It became a staff issue. It reflects extremely poorly and the staff that was asked about it provided their word that it was stated in logs.

Thomas Stone

Aug 10, 2022
+Support,
- CL4 Experience,
- Trustworthy,
- Person who taught me about exec when I first got it.

MrSiens

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Mar 21, 2022
UmomwHH.png
Application Denied

Hello Brewer,
Thank you for taking the time to write an Executive Researcher Application.
However, as of this current moment we do not feel confident letting you progress to the interview stage of the application.

If you wish to inquire further about the reasons for your denial, contact me at your convenience.​

You may re-apply in Two (2) Weeks, from 27/01/2023 DD/MM/YYYY onwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.