Accepted Drone licenses in spec op regiments

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoxton

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 2, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
It gives spec ops regiment drone licenses so they can utilize them, currently only police and air force regiments have these and it is very rare to see drones being used (other than the one for supplies), Spec ops regiments should get drone licenses at a certain rank (CPL/MSGT/SLT)
It makes more sense for spec ops regiments to have them than police regiments, it can be used for:

- Scouting the enemy base before base raids
- Locating lone kidnapping victims
- Getting a visual on someone when they're getting kidnapped
- Locating FOBs (this one kind of goes for everyone not just spec ops regiments I guess)
etc

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
-The recon drones would be used more often, Its a new feature but it is almost never used
-More tools for STS / SOTF letting them approach / deal with situations differently

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Some could argue that STS / SOTF already have too much stuff, making them the best regiments and adding this would make them stand out even more

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It should be accepted because no one uses recon drones and not giving them to spec ops is a huge miss, they have a lot of different ways to utilize them

Last edited:
Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Astero

Aug 14, 2021
As far as I'm aware, AOR doesn't have drone licenses... But AOR also is for gaining intelligence and searching for criminals

Jim Jones

Apr 5, 2022
United Kingdom
+Support
Honestly would be so helpful
Not only can you use it for the reasons you mentioned, but it also allows them to give info to UAF and SWB during a war, such as how many helis are up, whether or not a tank is roaming and potential bombing targets. It also allows for harassment of troops using the miniguns (albeit they're shit) so that people can push whilst pressure is being applied to the defenders.

Xavier Jakov

May 23, 2022
+Support

Honestly just swap the tactical infantry vehicle license with the drone license, its just more useful to us.

Vladislav

Game Master
Game Master
Donator
Aug 5, 2021
Youre mothers bedroom
-support if u wanna fly join the swb/uaf or meet any other requirement for it. I believe theres already too much people outside of flying regs who can fly drones except HC

Dr Drew

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 29, 2022
-support

SOTF/STS a ready have a lot they even got every job even AA/AT (I know they have to pick one or the other every him the spawn) armoured vehicles, grapping hooks for high buildings during war. The ability to raid bases for kidnap targets. SOTF and STS don't really need more.

(Before any SOTF/STS start bombing me with message saying I don't know what I am takings about I was SAS CO and SAS/SOTF reg gen I know you are not missing anything)

Astolfo

MRP War Veteran
Jun 12, 2021
-support

join jaf or abt to fly not sas or ag
why would you even use a drone in a flying regiment when you have helis that are better to fly, can hold people and you have a lot more stock of

Chad Power

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 8, 2021
Suggestion Accepted

Hi @Hoxton, Your suggestion has been accepted.

After a vote in our discord it has been decided that the playerbase agrees with your suggestion.​

Status
Not open for further replies.