Network Leadership required E-11 Cartographer

Requires Network Leadership to review

appo

Donator
Jun 20, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

- E-11 needs a way to access 22415's dimension to counter CI from rushing & roaming HCZ freely/breaching 008 whenever they'd like

- Helpers:

•refuse to help us, wont help us based on the morals

- Foundation Cartographer:
• people dont play this
• donator exclusive job (heavily restricted)
• asking cartographer to flag on could technically be classed as job abuse
• even if it isnt job abuse, It's highly unrealistic & unreasonable for E-11 to constantly OOC Cartographers to flag on
• cartographers running half across the map is highly unrealistic, they're a non-combative role entering a combat situation which simply doesn't make sense in RP. it will also take way too long for the cartographer to run to HCZ, CI will have passed HCZ by then

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Unsure

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
E-11 have no way to stop CI roaming HCZ freely & breaching 008 whenever they'd like - this suggestion helps this
E-11 will finally have a reliable way to counteract CI entering HCZ freely
E-11 wont need to sit and wait, doing nothing while hostiles use dimension to breach and freely roam HCZ
More Roleplay & Coordination/Teamwork
More money for Ventz, E-11 will buy more often (*if made donator only)

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
E-11 Abuse - Counter-Argument: E-11 is a whitelisted job, PTs and Strikes, Restrictions like Orange Suit, Restrictions like AA, Restrict to HCZ

'Cartographer Is Research' & 'Its Donator Only':
Give E-11 an alternative solution to deal with no counterplay.
E-11 simply have no way to stop CI just running to any SCP (let alone 008) whenever they'd like.
You could even possibly restrict the E-11 cartographer to Donator just like the rest.

CI players might not be happy
ventz loses money :3 (*if not donator restricted)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This gives a suggestion gives a way for E-11 to deal with CI dimension raids on HCZ

Last edited:
Reactions: Langstädtler

Biscuits

Jan 2, 2023
+Support
I feel the current cartographer job isn't used. The only way Foundation members can actually access the dimension is 22415 because nobody wants to fork over money for one job.

Also, they should just add Cartographer to XK / Thaumiel VIP ngl.

grunger

Feb 26, 2023
+
if its paywalled like all the other cartographer jobs, there needs to be a limiting factor or theres no incentive to use the dimension

Reactions: appo

legionnaires6

Jul 23, 2022
-/+ support
It gives me mixed feelings about this. Are we giving E11 a free cartographer, or what is the case here? This suggestion is a bit vague. Also, we will need to double down on the hard cap for E11, equipment nerf, and increase the spawn timer. Because if they really get a Cartographer, that's a huge advantage for them, what stuff will GOI get to balance it back?

Aurelius/Amadeus

SCP-RP Staff
Aug 2, 2023
Italy
+Support

-Many people before have admitted E11 needs a new job that makes it special, when CI Enters HCZ through the dimension E11 can't even do a whole lot due to Cartographers almost never going down to HCZ.
Let's hope this actually gets accepted for once (Also it would be cool having 1 Non-Combative Cartographer and 1 Combative Cartographer

Reactions: appo and Zen

Langstädtler

Sep 19, 2023
+ Support

We can’t currently hardly do anything against CI in dimension this has led to many Raids archiving all Goals which leads to many more breaches.

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
-support
- E-11 dosent need cartogrpher, just get on researcher
just pay £10 and run to the other end of the map in the middle of a raid to counter CI bro

+support, I like the dimension aspect of raids but waltzing around with a CI carto feels unfair sometimes. Plus fighting in the dimension would be cool.

KAP

Apr 4, 2024
-support there is a cartogropher job already for foundation. not my fault ppl rarely use it or are lazy to walk 40seconds to hcz.

"Mozzie"

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Jul 21, 2023
Red Sea
en.m.wikipedia.org
just pay £10 and run to the other end of the map in the middle of a raid to counter CI bro

+support, I like the dimension aspect of raids but waltzing around with a CI carto feels unfair sometimes. Plus fighting in the dimension would be cool.
theres a diffrence between the suggestion of making the cartographer non paid or making it E-11

Mishashi

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Donator
Jan 6, 2023
add the cartographer job to XK class

i dont get why its a pack on its own

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
add the cartographer job to XK class

i dont get why its a pack on its own
agreed

anywho +/-Neutral
-This is a great idea, and it could result in actual counters to CI in the dimension, and some more E11 RP with the dimension and SCP's.
Only issue is that if it's free that's just unfair. Everyone else had to pay for it, why would E11 be any special? And Ventz still needs his moneys

Either way good suggestion and good idea, just make it paid

Aurelius/Amadeus

SCP-RP Staff
Aug 2, 2023
Italy
-support there is a cartogropher job already for foundation. not my fault ppl rarely use it or are lazy to walk 40seconds to hcz.
Chaos and GOC are way smaller factions, all they need is 1 cartographer and that's more than enough. Foundation is way bigger, 2 cartographers for Foundation would not only balance the Combative aspect of the dimension but also make Foundation be more efficient.