Accepted E-11 Garage Spawn

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This would add a garage spawn listing for E-11, same as DEA and Nu-7, alongside the present HCZ spawn

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Yes, there have been suggestions regarding tweaking where E-11 spawns since the HCZ update, however i do believe this is the first time a garage spawn specifically has been requested

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Reduced Code Black and Code 5 times:
When breaches get to EZ and beyond, it can take about 5 minutes for E11 to get there in good numbers, and by the time they do they get slaughtered and have to start the trek again, this massively increases the time to recontain any SCPs, which can degrade RP around the site and turns the server into a free for all RDM fest.

Allows for flexibility in E-11 rp capabilities:
As the site's primary containment team, it could allow for cooperation between E-11 and Nu-7 in surface SCP containment and termination, or similar scenarios

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
There are some possible negatives to be highlighted:
Backspawning, E-11 may backspawn on a GOI during a raid, however this issue is the same for Nu-7 and it up to the commanding team to ensure this doesn't occur
Taking away from Nu-7, in the scenario of a CI raid, it may be impulsive for E-11 to respawn to reinforce the site's defences, this again would have to be tackled by the COs

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I believe this suggestion should be accepted in lieu of an LCZ spawn, an E-11 LCZ spawn was talked about, and temporarily effective a few months ago, but it didnt work as it used the same code and spawn radius as the garage spawn as it was a secondary spawn, this would require some coding to solve, so until that coding is done or as an alternative altogether, a garage spawn should be added to allow for E-11's flexibility around the site when it is required.

This spawn isnt for E-11 to take on surface duties and activity, it's for them to enter the site from the top down, quicker than they would from HCZ

Last edited:

Zen

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Sep 16, 2023
+ Support
For all the reasons RedMann, Holland and Biscuits stated.
Most of the -Supports don't make any sense (SS spawn is not currently possible, and half the time we can't "just walk" because we die before we can get anywhere or the thing is on surface so it takes so long to get there we can't reasonably respond at all)

-support
Why do you need a spawnpoint in garage... SS makes more sense, but when E11 had an SS spawn E11 complained I believe
If you mean pre HCZ update, I don't remember any complaints of the old spawn, and yes SS works better, but as I said in the suggestion, it isn't possible without coding to be done, which is why I am suggesting garage in the meantime

Aug 27, 2022
Just I in general for all the ;-. Support

That state you can walk or you have legs.

This also counts towards nu7 en dea. They can walk as well so your - support reasons are. Just complaining because you can't think of any other - reasons

E11 SPAWN n SS is not possible because if a current code issue/ spawnlimit etc. Spawn radius was to big causing e11 to spawn in medbay checkpoint Charlie stairs to ss. Unbalanced
-support

Just walk.

No need for fast travel options for everyone.

-Support
You have legs for a reason
-support
Why do you need a spawnpoint in garage... SS makes more sense, but when E11 had an SS spawn E11 complained I believe

Oct 17, 2022
Scotland
the issue is it takes 5 minutes to run up to surface and die it’s not exactly the most fun thing in the world. The solution proposed is a stopgap until they can fix the code
don’t let the SCP get to surface then. Having an E11 spawn would make CI raids harder, I guarantee you backspawning will increase. Only way to get a +Support from me is if this suggestion included the spawn would only be active if a SCP gets past garage

Jonas Enry

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Mar 4, 2023
Ireland
don’t let the SCP get to surface then. Having an E11 spawn would make CI raids harder, I guarantee you backspawning will increase. Only way to get a +Support from me is if this suggestion included the spawn would only be active if a SCP gets past garage
Staff can say that it can only be used when an SCP breaches past garage. No point taking the time to code it in.

Well more than likely it would only be used if an SCP was in EZ or beyond, E11 absolutely should not use it any other time

But also, saying "don't let the SCP get to surface then." Is like saying don't let CI get to HCZ, like its gonna happen eventually, not every time but it will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.