Accepted E-11 Garage Spawn

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This would add a garage spawn listing for E-11, same as DEA and Nu-7, alongside the present HCZ spawn

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Yes, there have been suggestions regarding tweaking where E-11 spawns since the HCZ update, however i do believe this is the first time a garage spawn specifically has been requested

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Reduced Code Black and Code 5 times:
When breaches get to EZ and beyond, it can take about 5 minutes for E11 to get there in good numbers, and by the time they do they get slaughtered and have to start the trek again, this massively increases the time to recontain any SCPs, which can degrade RP around the site and turns the server into a free for all RDM fest.

Allows for flexibility in E-11 rp capabilities:
As the site's primary containment team, it could allow for cooperation between E-11 and Nu-7 in surface SCP containment and termination, or similar scenarios

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
There are some possible negatives to be highlighted:
Backspawning, E-11 may backspawn on a GOI during a raid, however this issue is the same for Nu-7 and it up to the commanding team to ensure this doesn't occur
Taking away from Nu-7, in the scenario of a CI raid, it may be impulsive for E-11 to respawn to reinforce the site's defences, this again would have to be tackled by the COs

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I believe this suggestion should be accepted in lieu of an LCZ spawn, an E-11 LCZ spawn was talked about, and temporarily effective a few months ago, but it didnt work as it used the same code and spawn radius as the garage spawn as it was a secondary spawn, this would require some coding to solve, so until that coding is done or as an alternative altogether, a garage spawn should be added to allow for E-11's flexibility around the site when it is required.

This spawn isnt for E-11 to take on surface duties and activity, it's for them to enter the site from the top down, quicker than they would from HCZ

Last edited:

Glovano

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Aug 19, 2022
-Support
I do not like the suggestion at all. Spawning on surface as a E-11 would just ruin the concept entirely. I know its frustrating but you have other MTFs, Gensec and DEA helping you contain SCPs. The reason why you shouldn't be spawning up on surface is that you're not the first response team to dealing with raids, in fact tell SOP to try and contain any SCPs that got up to surface.
I do not see anything else than E-11 trying to minge on surface or staying in garage for not reason + most breached SCPs wouldn't be able to get up to surface due to turrets being everywhere past EZ. Even if they get up to surface they will be badly damaged due to mass firings. (Don't forget tesla's as well)

On the other hand, there are blast doors that you can close and open anytime you want when there is a breach, you can ask ISD from EZ and PW to close the BD from EZ to prevent a SCP bee lining to surface as they would get trapped from many possible angles. You can also do firing lines (ever heard of those?) As you barely do firing lines and all you E-11 do is once died, run to the last location of the SCP.

Last edited:
-Support
I do not like the suggestion at all. Spawning on surface as a E-11 would just ruin the concept entirely. I know its frustrating but you have other MTFs, Gensec and DEA helping you contain SCPs. The reason why you shouldn't be spawning up on surface is that you're not the first response team to dealing with raids, in fact tell SOP to try and contain any SCPs that got up to surface.
I do not see anything else than E-11 trying to minge on surface or staying in garage for not reason + most breached SCPs wouldn't be able to get up to surface due to turrets being everywhere past EZ. Even if they get up to surface they will be badly damaged due to mass firings. (Don't forget tesla's as well)

On the other hand, there are blast doors that you can close and open anytime you want when there is a breach, you can ask ISD from EZ and PW to close the BD from EZ to prevent a SCP bee lining to surface as they would get trapped from many possible angles. You can also do firing lines (ever heard of those?) As you barely do firing lines and all you E-11 do is once died, run to the last location of the SCP.
With blastdoors there was some old ruling made and i cant remeber what it was but i dont think we can shut blastdoors for every single breach, as for E11 going on surface they wouldnt do that, nor defend against raids, nor station i garage, the point of the spawn is an alternative to when an SCP gets to EZ or beyond.

As for teslas and turrets, yeah thats all well and good until those systems gets disabled and SCPs have complete and utter free reign

Derek White

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Oct 12, 2022
Suggestion Approved

Hi @RedMann ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion. We are currently looking into giving E11 a secondary spawn point, but due to how the secondary spawns work it is taking time as we will need to recode it.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

Status
Not open for further replies.